|Aakash Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1977|
Aakash Chopra is an Indian former cricketer turned cricket commentator who played as a defensive opening batsman and close catcher for a year. Aakash’s cricket career began as a member of the Sonnet Cricket Club in Delhi which later flourished into his international beginning with the Indian national cricket team. However, despite his good start, he was dropped from the national team in 2004. Along the way, he picked up a huge fan base with more than 4 million followers on Facebook, more than 4 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on YouTube, and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aakash is an Alumni of the Rajdhani College as well as the Hindu College of the University of Delhi.
Former Cricketer, Cricket Commentator
- Father – Shyam Lal Chopra
- Siblings – Aekta Chopra (Sister)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
81 kg or 178.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aakash Chopra has dated –
- Aakshi Mathur (2009-Present) – They got married to one another on December 2, 2009. The couple has 2 girls, of which one is named Aarna Chopra.
Race / Ethnicity
- He brushes his hair back to the right side.
- Thin eyebrows
- Round face shape
Aakash Chopra Facts
- In his free time, he enjoys training, reading, traveling, watching movies and spending an ample amount of time with his family.
- Aakash began his international cricket career in the test format in 2003 as an opening batsman for the Indian national cricket team against New Zealand. At the start, he was credited for his solid partnership with former cricketer Virendra Sehwag.
- His career was shortlived and after failing to perform in 2 matches against Australia in 2004, he was dropped from the national team.
- Aakash was replaced by now-retired cricketer Gautam Gambhir for the test format matches.
- He played for the first and second Indian Premier League’s for the Kolkata Knight Riders before being taken out of the team due to his poor performance. Later, for the IPL 4 in 2011, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals.
- He has stated himself to be a part-time cricket analyst.
- Aakash has helped Delhi win the Ranji trophy once and Rajasthan twice.
- In August 2011, he started his eponymous YouTube channel to which he uploads cricket analytic videos.
- He considers his family to be his biggest inspiration.
- Aakash is a right-handed batsman and right-arm medium and spin bowler.
- He is a regular contributor to Mid-Day and on Cricinfo.
- In 2019, he worked as a cricket commentator and analyst with various sports channels including Star Sports, Sony, and Sony Espn.
- He published a diary of his titled Beyond the Blues: A First-Class Season Like No Other which was based on his 2007–08 domestic season. His book received critical acclaim.
- An article of his used in both the 2012 book, Rahul Dravid: Timeless Steel and the 2014 book, Sachin Tendulkar: The man cricket loved back.
- He has often been trolled by people for his critical commentary stint. However, fans also love his straight forward nature.
Featured Image By Aakash Chopra / Instagram