|Abhishek Gupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1978|
Abhishek Gupta is an Indian who has resided and performed in South Korea as a television personality and actor. He came into prominence after portraying the role of Major Watekar in the South Korean television series Rustic Period (2003). He gained further recognition by appearing in numerous other TV shows like the talk-variety program Non-Summit (2016–2017). Gupta is the recipient of many accolades including the KBS Entertainment Award in 2019 for the “Best Challenge”.
New Delhi, India
He attended the National University of India, from where he graduated with a degree in Economics.
Television personality, Actor
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Beard and mustache
- Expressive eyes
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Merci.
Abhishek Gupta Favorite Things
Source – Instagram
Abhishek Gupta Facts
- He has affirmed that he entered the Republic of Korea on March 24, 1996, and started off working as a broadcaster and actor in the early 2000s. He has also been a businessman, having run a business as well as a restaurant named Lucky India that has provided authentic Indian food and imported Indian sesame seeds.
- Abhishek has recalled that he had left for Korea in order to pursue a job at Hyundai, at the request of his father. At the time, he had not considered getting involved in entertainment and had only been looking for a solution to feel less homesick. There was no access to the internet when he had landed in Korea, and no quick and easy way to search for and figure out interesting things to do. Things were a lot different and difficult and it was in the year 2000 that the turnaround had come, sometime prior to when South Korea took the global limelight by hosting the 2002 FIFA World Cup.
- Gupta has recounted that when he was in university, there happened to be a demand for a foreigner who was fluent in the Korean tongue, someone who could travel all over Korea, taste the food, and talk in the local dialect. Abhishek fit perfectly into the role of the foreigner who would show the public how a tourist felt in the place, leading him to land his big break by means of getting selected for the KBS show named Good Morning World.
- He has been touted to be the most famous Indian in Korea with his name having appeared on the roster for numerous hit variety shows.
- Abhishek has been grateful as to how his show Welcome, First Time in Korea? (2017–2018) has brought about a change in the perception of Indians, regarding Korea. He had been thrilled when an ambassador staying at the Pravasi Bhartiya Divas had called him up and declared that he thought it was Abhishek who was the true ambassador to Korea.
- He had figured out that the best way to live in Korea was simply to be like the natives there. He noticed that Koreans are very punctual and strict about timings and so he learned to reach meeting venues 5 minutes early than the time fixed, as opposed to a bit late which is acceptable in India. He has always tried to live like the locals and had lunch at 11:30 AM instead of 1:30 PM, as is the norm in his hometown.
Featured Image by Lucky / Instagram