|Aditya Dhar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||March 12, 1983|
Aditya Dhar is an award-winning Indian director, screenwriter, and lyricist who is hailed for directing one of the best films in recent times, Uri: The Surgical Strike (2019). He has more than 50k followers on Facebook and more than 100k followers on Instagram and Twitter.
New Delhi, India
Director, Screenwriter, Lyricist
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aditya has dated –
- Yami Gautam (2018-Present) – Love blossomed between Aditya and his Uri: The Surgical Strike actress Yami Gautam in late 2018. The super-private couple wed in a traditional ceremony, replete with all the rituals, on June 4, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
He is a Kashmiri Pandit by descent.
Sports a beard and mustache
Aditya Dhar Facts
- As a kid, his aspiration was to serve in the Indian Army.
- In September 2016, Aditya was working on his 1st film project called ‘Raat Baaki’ which was to star Katrina Kaif and Pakistani actor Fawad Khan. However, the project was shelved after the unfortunate Uri attacks took place as the industry decided to discontinue employing Pakistani actors in the aftermath of the attacks.
- The film’s popular catchphrase “How’s the Josh?” became an oft-repeated viral sensation that found its way into innumerable online memes and merchandise.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi repeated the famous war cry in one of his speeches and also lauded the film, calling it among his all-time favorites.
- Aditya spent 6 months researching the events of the surgical strike. Furthermore, it took him a mere 12 days to complete the screenplay of Uri.
- He wrote the lyrics to some of the songs in the John Abraham-starrer, Kabul Express (2006).
- Aditya was bestowed with the ‘Best Director’ award for his war film, Uri: The Surgical Strike starring Vicky Kaushal at the National Film Awards in 2019.
Featured Image by Aditya Dhar / Instagram