|Ahn Sung-ki Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1952|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ahn Sung-ki is a South Korean actor who is considered to be one of South Korea’s most prominently known actors. Until late 2021, Sung-ki had appeared in more than 130 films.
Sung-ki, The Nation’s actor
Seoul, South Korea
Sung-ki attended Kyungdong Middle School and then went on to enroll at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
- Father – Ahn Hwa-Yeong
- Mother – Kim Nam-hyeon
Sung-ki is represented by Artist Company.
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sung-ki has dated –
- Oh So-yeong (1985-Present) – Ahn Sung-ki tied the knot with sculptor and university professor Oh So-yeong in 1985. The couple got married at the Myeongdong Cathedral. Together, the couple has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
Asian (South Korean)
- Strong jawline
- Thin eyebrows
Ahn Sung-ki Facts
- He began his career as a child actor in 1957, in Twilight Train. Sung-ki was only 5 years old at the time.
- Sung-ki got his big break in 1960, in director Kim Ki-young’s film The Housemaid.
- In order to focus on his studies at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, he had to give up his career as an actor.
- In 1976, Sung-ki completed his mandatory military service with the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program as an artillery officer. Shortly after completing his training he went back to re-join the film industry.
- Sung-ki signed with Artist Company on August 6, 2021.
- He is recognized by the media as “the nation’s actor” (In Korean: 국민배우).
- Sung-ki was assigned the post of Vice President and President of the Korean Film Actors Association in the past.
- He was presented by Nikkei Asia Prize in Culture and Community in 2008. Later, in 2013, Sung-ki was also given the Order of Cultural Merit (Eungwan, 2nd Class) by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
- Sung-ki and singer-songwriter Cho Yong-pil are close friends and have known one another since childhood and were also schoolmates.
- Due to his ability to be able to speak in various languages, he was chosen to be a representative for UNICEF.
Featured Image By KOREA Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0