|Akshara Haasan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1991|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Akshara Haasan is an Indian film actress and assistant director who is well known for being the daughter of legendary actor Kamal Haasan and actress Sarika Thakur. She has appeared in Hindi as well as Tamil movies, debuting with the comedy-drama Shamitabh (2015) in which she shared the screen space with megastars Amitabh Bachchan and Dhanush.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Bandra, Maharashtra, India
She attended Abacus Montessori School followed by Lady Andal in Chennai, Beacon High in Mumbai, and Indus International School in Bangalore.
Actress, Assistant Director
- Father – Kamal Haasan (Actor, Dancer, Director, Producer, Politician)
- Mother – Sarika Thakur (Actress, Costume Designer, Associate Director)
- Siblings – Shruthi Haasan (Older Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Suhasini Maniratnam (Cousin) (Actress), Charu Haasan (Uncle) (Actor, Director), Chandra Haasan (Uncle) (Producer, Actor), Anu Haasan (Cousin) (Actress, TV Anchor)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Vivaan Shah – She had a relationship for a brief period with her childhood friend, veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah‘s son, actor Vivaan Shah.
Race / Ethnicity
Light Brown (Natural)
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Petite stature
- Bright eyes
- Tattoos on the right arm and the left side of the chest
Akshara Haasan Favorite Things
- Interest – Sports
- Preferred Outfit – Jeans-Tshirt-Shorts
- Experiments With – Her hair, cutting it short, growing it long and coloring it
- Mentor – Filmmaker R. Balki
- Princess And Queen Of Her Life – Her mother
- Movie Of Her Mother – Parzania, Club 60
- Person Who Is Like Her Second Mother – Her dance teacher Kokila
- Lover Of – Nature
Source – Instagram, Times Of India, The Indian Express, Rediff, LiveMint
Akshara Haasan Facts
- She is not like regular star kids and is approachable, grounded, and never throws tantrums. She has been known to be very polite and well-mannered.
- Akshara dropped off from school after class XI since as was not being able to give her full focus and time to studies.
- Akshara has been in love with dance since childhood and began to learn dance from the age of 8 in its different forms like salsa, hip-hop, and pop. Post dropping out of school, she took a year off in Chennai to learn Bharatnatyam and Kuchipudi.
- She started off by being the assistant director of director-producer-screenwriter Rahul Dholakia for the 2010 movie Society. He was her mother’s friend and as a kid, she would go to his sets and do her assignments sitting in the van.
- During her tenure as an assistant director, she declined offers to feature as an actress, including turning down an opportunity to star in Mani Ratnam’s Kadal.
- She has disclosed that she was highly intimidated on the sets of Shamitabh at the thought of working with Amitabh Bachchan. However, the preparation filmmaker R. Balki and herself had made earlier coupled with the legend’s surprisingly calm and comforting demeanor pacified her and brought back her focus on her work.
- Akshara has admitted to being a big prankster and having landed her sister in trouble by always putting the blame squarely on her whenever being interrogated for her mischievous activities.
- She used to be an atheist but later converted to Buddhism after being impressed with its teachings and principles.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY-3.0