|Akshaye Khanna Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Akshaye Khanna is an Indian actor and is the son of late Bollywood actor Vinod Khanna. He has received two Filmfare Awards. Some of his best-known films include Border, Aa Ab Laut Chalen, Taal, Dil Chahta Hai, Humraaz, Hungama, Hulchul, Salaam-e-Ishq: A Tribute to Love, Gandhi, My Father, Race, Luck by Chance, Tees Maar Khan, No Problem, Dishoom, Mom, The Accidental Prime Minister and more.
Jalandhar, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Akshaye attended Lawrence School, in Lovedale, Tamil Nadu. He then attended H.R. College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. He also took acting lessons at the Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute.
- Father – Vinod Khanna (Actor, Politician)
- Mother – Geetanjali Taleyarkhan
- Siblings – Rahul Khanna (Older Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Akshaye has dated –
- Tara Sharma – Akshaye was said to be in a relationship with Indian actress Tara Sharma. The 2, however, did not remain together for long and parted ways.
- Riya Sen – Akshaye met Bollywood actress Riya Sen during the filming of Love You Hamesha. They were rumored to be dating for some time.
- Karishma Kapoor – Akshaye was rumored to be dating Bollywood actress Karishma Kapoor.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Parsi descent on his mother’s side.
Best Known For
Being an Indian actor and son of late famous Bollywood actor and politician Vinod Khanna
Akshaye made his first in film in Hindi-language Indian romance film Himalay Putra in 1997. In this movie, he played the role of Abhay.
Akshaye keeps himself fit by working out on a regular basis. As per an interview in 2017, he revealed that working out had always been an important part of his life and that if he did not work out, he would go into depression.
Akshaye Khanna Favorite Things
- Director – Priyadarshan
- Own Film – Gandhi, My Father (2007)
Source – IMDb
Akshaye Khanna Facts
- Akshaye Khanna is a son of late famous Bollywood actor and politician Vinod Khanna.
- In 1997, Akshaye made his debut in the film Himalay Putra which got critical acclaim and he received Screen Award for Best Male Debut but the film did not do well at the box office.
- His big break came with the 1997 Indian war film Border in which he performed alongside mainstream actors such as Sunny Deol, Suniel Shetty, and Jackie Shroff and played the role of real-life role of Dharamvir Singh Bhan.
- His film Border was the second highest-grossing Bollywood film of the year 1997 and Akshaye won the Best Male Debut Filmfare award.
- Akshaye was not seen in any film for a 2 year period and made his comeback in actor-director Farhan Akhtar’s coming-of-age comedy-drama Dil Chahta Hai in 2001 alongside Saif Ali Khan and Aamir Khan.
- His’s performance in the Abbas–Mustan-directed action thriller Race (2008) marked a turning point in his career.
- In 2012, he took a 4-year break from acting and made his comeback with the action cop comedy Dishoom in 2016.
- Akshaye caught himself in the middle of a controversy in 2013 when he reported a case of a couple, tricking him to invest ₹50 lakh for doubling this amount in 45 days through commodity trading.
- Follow Akshaye Khanna on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com /CC BY 3.0