|Álvaro Morte Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1975|
Álvaro Morte is a Spanish actor, producer, and director who is well known for having been cast as Sergio “El Profesor” Marquina in the TV thriller crime drama series, Money Heist. He was cast as one of the lead characters on the show as he played the mastermind of the heist and this role also won him several nominations and awards. Over the years, he has also played a wide range of characters in several other shows and movies which include the likes of Hospital Central, Planta 25, Cuéntame cómo pasó, Isabel, La memoria del agua, El Príncipe, Amar en tiempos revueltos, La guarida del ermitaño, Bienvenidos al Lolita, Smallfoot, Mirage, Amores ciegos, Víctor Ros, El secreto de Puente Viejo, and El embarcadero. Álvaro Morte’s social media fan base is also very impressive as he has garnered more than 6 million followers on Instagram, more than 250k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Álvaro Antonio García Morte
Algeciras, Cádiz, Spain
Actor, Producer, Director
Álvaro Morte is represented by Maydel Manager, Madrid, Spain.
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Álvaro Morte has dated –
- Blanca Clemente – Álvaro Morte has been married to a stylist named Blanca Clemente. The duo parents 2 children, named Julieta and Leon, who have been born as fraternal twins.
Race / Ethnicity
- Unkempt beard
- Wavy hair
- Dimpled smile
- Deep-set eyes
Álvaro Morte has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Audi España and DSQUARED2 – Dean & Dan Caten.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Sergio “El Profesor” Marquina, the mastermind of the heist, in the TV thriller crime drama series, Money Heist, in which he starred alongside the likes of Úrsula Corberó, Itziar Ituño, Miguel Herrán, Paco Tous, Pedro Alonso, Alba Flores, Jaime Lorente, Esther Acebo, Enrique Arce, María Pedraza, Darko Peric, Kiti Mánver, Hovik Keuchkerian, Rodrigo de la Serna, and Najwa Nimri. For his brilliant performance, he also won the Award of the Spanish Actors Union in the Television: Lead Performance, Male category in 2019 and was also nominated for several awards in the year 2018 such as Premios Feroz in the Best Main Actor in a TV Series category, Zapping Award in the Best Actor category, as well as for the Award of the Spanish Actors Union in the Television: Lead Performance, Male category
- Having been cast as Lucas Moliner in the period drama television show, El secreto de Puente Viejo (English: The Secret of Puente Viejo), in which he starred alongside the likes of María Bouzas, Adriana Torrebejano, Raúl Peña, Chico García, Fernando Coronado, Sandra Cervera, Ángel de Miguel, Iván Montes, Giulia Charm, and Carlos de Austria
- Appearing in the recurring role of Gabriel Areta in the soap opera, Amar en tiempos revueltos, as he was cast alongside actors Ángela Cremonte, Manuel Baqueiro, Alfonso Bassave, José Antonio Sayagués, Antonio Garrido, Belén López, and Nadia de Santiago
- Having played the lead role of Óscar in the television drama show, El embarcadero (English: The Pier), in which he starred alongside actors Verónica Sánchez, Irene Arcos, Cecilia Roth, Roberto Enríquez, Marta Milans, Antonio Garrido, Paco Manzanedo, Miquel Fernández, and Judit Ampudia
- Having accumulated a huge fan base with more than 6 million followers on Instagram, more than 250k followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook
Álvaro Morte made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Rafael Torres in the biographical film, Lola, la película, in 2007. The film was premiered at Málaga Film Festival on March 9, 2007, and the cast included the likes of Gala Évora, José Luis García Pérez, Carlos Hipólito, Alfonso Begara, Antonio Morales, David Arnaiz, José Manuel Cervino, Ana Fernández, Kiti Mánver, Mercedes Hoyos, and several others.
First TV Show
Álvaro Morte made his first TV show appearance by playing the role of Buzo in an episode, titled El soldadito de plomo, of the action romantic drama series, Hospital Central, in January 2002. The show starred the likes of Antonio Zabalburu, Luís Castro, Bárbara Muñoz, Pablo Carbonell, Begoña Maestre, Jordi Rebellón, Mónica Estarreado, Mar Regueras, José Lamuño, and Nani Jiménez.
Álvaro Morte stays fit by working out regularly with his trainer Juanjo Rodriguez and he often uploads his gym selfies on Instagram as well.
Álvaro Morte Facts
- He co-founded the theatre company, 300 pistolas (English: 300 pistols), alongside his wife, Blanca Clemente, in 2012.
- In the year 2011, Álvaro Morte was diagnosed with cancer after a tumor was discovered in his leg but it later got treated.
- He worked as an associate producer on the short drama thriller film, Wings, in 2013.
- Over the years, he has been cast in a variety of roles in several films such as Alberto in La guarida del ermitaño, Julio in Amores ciegos, Álvaro Morte in El Hormiguero: Holidays at the Titanic, David Ortiz in Mirage, and several others.
- Álvaro Morte played the role of Donato Vergel in an episode, titled The mystery of Casa Aranda, of the thriller series, Víctor Ros, in April 2014.
- He played the role of Pablo in the comedy series, Let’s see if I arrive!, in 2009.
- He also gained popularity with his role as Adolfo Castillo in a couple of episodes of the TV drama series, Bandolera, between 2012 and 2013.
- Follow Álvaro Morte on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Álvaro Morte / Instagram