|Amber Ruffin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1979|
Amber Ruffin is an American comedian, writer, and actor who has been a writer for several TV programs including Late Night with Seth Meyers that she began working for in 2014 and A Black Lady Sketch Show (2019) as well as for numerous TV movies like Village Gazette (2020) for which she was the executive producer too along with being the writer. She has been conferred numerous awards and titles such as being nominated for a Writers Guild Award in the area of Comedy/Variety in 2017.
Amber Mildred Ruffin
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
New York City, New York, United States
She attended Benson High School, graduating in 1996.
Comedian, Writer, Actor
- Siblings – She has 3 sisters.
She is represented by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
5 ft 8 in or 172.5 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Jan Schiltmeijer – She tied the knot with Jan Schiltmeijer, a native of the Netherlands, in 2010. She had met him while working in Amsterdam with the comedy troupe named Boom Chicago.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Handi Works.
Amber Ruffin Favorite Things
- Hobby – Painting her nails in different colors and designs
- Best Friend – Jenny Hagel
Source – Instagram, NewsBreak.com
Amber Ruffin Facts
- She has affirmed that the best part of being in her profession has been to suddenly see the machinery of sets, costumes, and props being set into motion for the idea she had come up with, with people she has never met before calling her up and commenting on the characters she had created.
- When she embarked on her role with Late Night with Seth Meyers she became the first African American woman to write for a late-night network talk show in America. In a time in which both African Americans and women have been fighting to find equal footing in an industry that has been dominated by men for ages, Amber’s accomplishment has been considered to have huge implications in matters where opportunities for women and people of color are concerned.
- She has revealed that she does not feel like she is doing good comedy unless she feels like she is in a little danger and that she has wanted to be somewhat uncomfortable and scared, having believed that otherwise, her work will not be interesting enough to appeal to anyone.
Featured Image by Amber Ruffin / Instagram