|Ananya Birla Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 17, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ananya Birla is an Indian singer, songwriter, and entrepreneur who has released several popular singles and an EP titled Fingerprint (May 2019). Besides her musical career, she has dabbled in several entrepreneurial ventures and is the founder of Svatantra Microfin Private Limited, a company that provides microfinance to women in rural India; the founder of Ikai Asai, an inventory-based global luxury e-Commerce platform; and the co-founder of Mpower, a mental health initiative, through which she has opened a treatment center for children suffering from mental health conditions.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
She splits her time between Los Angeles, California, United States, and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Ananya had attended the American School of Bombay, an independent day school in Mumbai. After her high school graduation, she had joined the Saïd Business School, the business school of The University of Oxford, a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. She was studying economics and management there for her bachelor’s degree but had dropped out to pursue a career in music.
Singer, Songwriter, Entrepreneur
- Father – Kumar Mangalam Birla (Industrialist, Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group (One of the Largest Business Conglomerates in India))
- Mother – Neerja Birla (née Kasliwal) (Philanthropist)
- Siblings – Aryaman Vikram Birla (Younger Brother) (Cricketer), Advaitesha Birla (Younger Sister)
- Others – Aditya Vikram Birla (Paternal Grandfather) (Industrialist) (d. October 1995), Rajashree Birla (Paternal Grandmother) (Philanthropist), Vasavadatta Bajaj (Paternal Aunt), Kushagra Bajaj (Uncle), Jayshree Mohta (Paternal Grand Aunt), Manjushree Khaitan (Paternal Grand Aunt), Basant Kumar Birla (Paternal Great Grandfather) (Businessman) (d. July 2019), Sarala Birla (Paternal Great Grandmother), Krishna Kumar Birla (Paternal Great Grand Uncle) (Industrialist), Manorama Devi (Paternal Great Grand Aunt), Shrinivas Birla (Paternal Great Grand Uncle), Ghanshyam Das Birla (Paternal Great Great Grandfather) (Businessman), Baldeo Das Birla (Paternal Great Great Great Grandfather) (Businessman, Philanthropist), Shambhukumar Kasliwal (Maternal Grandfather) (Businessman), Nitin Kasliwal (Maternal Uncle) (Businessman)
She is represented by Maverick Management, Music Management Group, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Vocals, Guitar, Santoor, Piano
- Universal Music India
- Island Records UK
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Marwari (Indian) descent.
She often tends to dye her hair blonde.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Has a tattoo on her left arm and her left wrist
Ananya Birla Facts
- Ananya had developed an interest in music from a very young age and had started to learn the Santoor, an Indian classical music instrument when she was 11 years old.
- While she was studying at Oxford University, she had started singing and playing the guitar at local pubs and clubs.
- She holds the record of being the first Indian artist to have an English-language song achieve ‘Platinum’ certification in India. As of July 2021, 5 of her singles had achieved ‘Platinum or ‘Double Platinum’ certification.
- With the release of her 2020 singles titled Let There Be Love and Everybody’s Lost, she had become the first Indian artist to be featured on Sirius XM Hits, an American national ‘Top 40’ pop radio show.
Featured Image by Ananya Birla / Instagram