|Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1991|
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova is a Russian professional tennis player who is adept at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport having been rated as high as world number 11 in singles in November 2021 and world number 21 in doubles in September 2013, as per the official WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) rankings. At Grand Slam tournaments, in the singles format, she had reached the final of the 2021 French Open and the quarter-final of the 2011 US Open, the 2016 Wimbledon Championships, the 2017 Australian Open, the 2019 Australian Open, and the 2020 Australian Open. As of May 2022, she had won 12 singles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2014 Paris Indoors (Premier), the 2014 Kremlin Cup (Premier), the 2010 Monterrey Open (International), the 2010 İstanbul Cup (International), the 2011 Monterrey Open (International), the 2013 Monterrey Open (International), the 2013 Estoril Open (International), the 2015 Linz Open (International), the 2017 Monterrey Open (International), the 2017 Grand Prix Lalla Meryem (International), the 2017 Hong Kong Open (International), the 2018 Internationaux de Strasbourg (International). At Grand Slam tournaments, in the doubles format, she had reached the quarter-final of the 2013 Australian Open, the 2013 French Open, the 2014 Wimbledon Championships, the 2015 US Open, the 2018 US Open, and the 2021 French Open. As of May 2022, she had won 6 doubles titles on the WTA Tour – the 2022 Italian Open (WTA 1000), the 2013 Madrid Open (Premier 5 & Mandatory), the 2012 Charleston Open (Premier), the 2017 Sydney International (Premier), the 2011 Brisbane International (International), and the 2008 Grand Prix Lalla Meryem (Tier IV).
Anastasia Sergeyevna Pavlyuchenkova
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Sergey Pavlyuchenkov (Former Rower/Canoeist)
- Mother – Marina Pavlyuchenkova (Former Swimmer)
- Siblings – Alexander Pavlioutchenkov (Older Brother) (Professional Tennis Player)
- Others – One of her grandmothers was a professional basketball player. One of her grandfathers was an elite basketball umpire.
She is represented by Top Five Management, Sports Management & Marketing Boutique Agency, Paris, Île-de-France, France.
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-parted, neck-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Anastasia has been sponsored by –
- Lacoste S.A.
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Adidas AG
- Babolat (French tennis, badminton, and padel equipment company)
- Eightstone Oclaner (wealth management company based in Singapore)
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Favorite Things
- Tennis Surface – Clay
- Tennis Shot – Forehand
- Movie Genre – Comedy
- Actors – Johnny Depp, Ben Stiller,
- Music Genre – R&B, Hip Hop
- Book – Eat, Pray, Love (2006) by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Cuisines – Japanese, Russian
- Hobbies/Interests – Karaoke, Shopping, Dancing, Listening to Music
Source – WTA Tennis,
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova Facts
- Anastasia started playing tennis when she was 6 years old. Her parents, both former athletes, had helped her immensely during her developmental years.
- At the 2013 Kazan Universiade, she clinched the ‘Gold’ medal in the doubles event.
- At the youth tier, she had reached the number 1 world ranking in January 2006 and had won the 3 junior Grand Slam titles in the girls’ singles event – the 2006 Australian Open, the 2006 US Open, and the 2007 Australian Open.
- At the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games (played in July-August 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic), she won the ‘Gold’ medal in the mixed doubles event. She had also reached the quarter-final of the singles event.
- She was an integral member of Russia’s squad that had triumphed at the 2020–21 edition of the Billie Jean King Cup, the 58th edition of the Fed Cup (the premier international women’s tennis team’s tournament) and the first to be styled as the Billie Jean King Cup. This was Russia’s first such title since 2008.
- A polyglot, she is fluent in Russian, English, and French.
Featured Image by Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova / Instagram