|Andrea Thoma Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||July 11, 1988|
Andrea Thoma is an American physical therapist and social media star, who gained prominence as the wife of a well-known actor and singer, Grant Gustin. She is also a creator of the online health and fitness program, Dare To Be Active, and has amassed a fanbase of more than 700k followers on Instagram.
Sunnyvale, California, United States
She attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Louisville, Ohio, United States. Andrea earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology from Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, United States in 2009.
She then enrolled in Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, United States, where she earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
Social Media Star, Physical Therapist
- Father – James Thoma
- Mother – Judy Thoma
- Siblings – Jonathan Thoma (Older Brother) (Ohio State University Alumnus, Worked in resort sales at Marriott Hotels, Director of Business Development at Hyperion Motors), Louise Thoma (Older Sister) (Works at the University of Delaware), Christian Thoma (Younger Brother)
Andrea Thoma is represented by Dare To Be Active (Company) in Sunnyvale, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrea Thoma has dated –
- Grant Gustin (2017-Present) – She met the actor and singer, Grant Gustin, in late 2016. They started dating in January 2017 and got engaged on April 29, 2017. When Grant got down on one knee at the beach, she thought he was joking and started laughing. They got married on December 15, 2018, at the Valentine DTLA venue in Los Angeles, California. They also organized a 2nd customary wedding at her family home in Malaysia, in the town of Kg. Kolopis Penampang, Sabah.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Malaysian (Kadazan) descent and also has distant Borneo ancestry on her maternal side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has also dyed her hair ‘Blonde’ and ‘Sunkissed Brown’ in the past.
Andrea Thoma Facts
- She was born in Malaysia but grew up in Alliance, Ohio, United States.
- She can speak a little Malay and Kadazan and knows some rituals and customs native to the Malaysian state her family is from, Sabah.
- Her father ran the torch for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia, United States.
- Andrea played soccer during high school. As a senior in the 2005 SCAA/Adidas All-Region III division match against Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, she scored 6 goals and set her single-game school record.
- Andrea has also played soccer for Greater Akron Premier and competed in track and field.
- During her time at Kent State University, she was one of only 2 soccer players to get a multi-goal game. This made her the 19th player in the university’s history to achieve this feat.
- Her best achievement as an athlete was competing in the highest division of intercollegiate athletics, NCAA Division I.
- Andrea used to work in the Virginia area as a student physical therapist.
- She also spent 5 months in Connecticut before moving to California to continue working as a physical therapist.
- Andrea climbed to the top of a potentially active volcano, Mount Shasta in August 2015.
- Andrea underwent double knee surgery in August 2016.
- She enjoys food prepared with shrimp paste, as well as ramen.
- Andrea and Grant have 3 dogs, Nora, Rookie, and Jett.
- Whenever she craves bubbly/fizzy drinks, Andrea just squeezes citrus fruits into flavored carbonated water.
- Besides working out in the gym or at home, she also enjoys cycling, running, hiking, and indoor rock climbing as a form of cardio.
- She has tried snowboarding while vacationing to countries with a colder climate.
Featured Image by Andrea Thoma / Instagram