|Andrew Keegan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 29, 1979|
Andrew Keegan is an American actor who became a bona fide teen heart-throb when he played the role of popular blockhead Joey Donner in the comedy film 10 Things I Hate About You (1999). He has also earned recognition for starring in hit TV shows like Party of Five (1997–1998) and 7th Heaven (1997–2002).
Andrew Keegan Heying
Los Angeles, California, United States
He studied acting with John Homa.
- Father – Larry Heying (Voice-over Actor)
- Mother – Lana Ocampo (Hairdresser)
- Siblings – Casey Keegan (Younger Brother) (Actor)
He is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts (APA).
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Tamera Mowry-Housley
- Kristi Parrales
- Jennifer Love Hewitt (1997-1998)
- LeAnn Rimes (1998-2001)
- Piper Perabo (2001)
- Elisha Cuthbert (2002-2003)
- Arista Ilona (2013-Present) – Andrew and Arista had a ‘sacred intention ceremony’ in November 2015. They have a daughter together named Aiya Rose Keegan (b. March 2016).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He has German and Czech ancestry on his father’s side and Colombian ancestry on his mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He often tends to dye his hair ‘light brown’.
- Wavy hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp, slightly crooked nose
He has endorsed several brands like –
- Beyond O2
He was the founder and leader of a religious group, Full Circle, which initiated a “new religion” akin to Hinduism.
Andrew Keegan Favorite Things
- Hobby – Posting photos of himself with friends and of himself skating on the streets of Southern California
- Character – Cassio in William Shakespeare’s Othello
- Role He Played – Character in the film 10 Things I Hate About You
- Role In Real Life – Fatherhood
Source – IMDb, Zimbio, Page Six
Andrew Keegan Facts
- He can speak Spanish fluently.
- The camaraderie between Andrew and Liam Stone has been noted.
- Keegan landed his 10 Things I Hate About You role in a single audition, even turning up in a white tank top similar to the one his character would be wearing non-stop throughout the entire film.
- During the filming of 10 Things I Hate About You, the cast had so much fun learning how to play the huge wind instrument didgeridoo, belonging to Keegan’s co-star, late Heath Ledger, that it became their favorite pastime.
- In 2014, Keegan founded a spiritual center Full Circle, based out of Venice Beach, California which introduced a new religion that employed healing crystals and colon cleanses to help in spiritual evolvement. It was about synchronicity and time, the belief that there is a circle with the center being the present. Members of the institution’s core group comprised of a man who called himself Third Eye, a huge talking parrot named Krishna, and a childhood friend of Keegan’s deceased co-star, Ledger.
- The reason behind the transformation of Keegan from Hollywood star to the religious leader was a trauma in his life when he was attacked by criminals and had to be hospitalized. Keegan realized synchronicity among the incident and an odd series of unrelated events and this had a profound impact on him, leading him to find his highest purpose in looking at the positive aspect of all things and promoting peace in his community.
- In 2018, he had joined the bandwagon of celebrities, along with the animal welfare group Mercy For Animals, demanding McDonald’s to stop allowing cruelty to the animals supplied to them.
Featured Image by Andrew Keegan / Instagram