|Andrew Upton Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1966|
Andrew Upton is an Anglo-Australian playwright, screenwriter, and director who is known for his marriage to actress, producer, and theatre director Cate Blanchett. Other than that, he has also written several successful plays such as Hedda Gabler, Cyrano de Bergerac, The Cherry Orchard, Uncle Vanya, and The Philistines.
Playwright, Screenwriter, Director
Andrew Upton’s net worth was $10 million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
104 kg or 229 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Andrew has been in a relationship with –
- Cate Blanchett – Andrew met actress Cate Blanchett for the first time in 1996 while working on the play The Seagull. Initially, the two of them did not fancy one another. However, a couple of months after meeting the duo got married on December 29, 1997. Together, they have three children – all sons, namely, Dashiell John (born – December 3, 2001), Roman Robert (born – April 23, 2004), and Ignatius Martin (born – April 13, 2008). Later, the couple adopted a girl named Edith Vivian Patricia, which was confirmed on March 6, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin eyebrows
- Thick beard
Andrew Upton Facts
- Upton joined Cate Blanchett as artistic director of the Sydney Theatre Company for what became a five-year term.
- In 2015, Andrew made his debut as an actor in the role of a Pop Art Extra in Manifesto.
- He was presented with a Rotary Professional Excellence Award in June 2014.
- Andrew had lived alongside his wife in Hunters Hill, New South Wales, in Australia for a number of years until 2015. Later, in 2016, they bought a historic English manor, Highwell House, in East Sussex, England for $6.25 million.
- Over the years, Andrew has created several adaptations including Hedda Gabler, The Cherry Orchard, Cyrano de Bergerac, Don Juan (with Marion Potts), Uncle Vanya, The Maids, Children of the Sun, and Platonov.