|Anjelika Washington Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 15, 1998|
Anjelika Washington is an American actress who came into prominence after playing the part of Fareeda in the Netflix teen romantic comedy movie Tall Girl (2019). She solidified her fame by portraying the main role of the fictional superhero in DC Comics, Beth Chapel / Doctor Mid-Nite, in the television series Stargirl (2020). Anjelika has appeared in many other TV shows like Runaways (2017), Young Sheldon (2018) and Girls Room (2020), and has been featured in numerous other films including the comedy-drama Moxie (2021). She has built a strong fanbase on social media, having garnered more than 100k followers on Instagram.
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 ft or 152 cm
46 kg or 101 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Cheerful smile
- Expressive eyes
- Afro hairstyle
Anjelika Washington Favorite Things
- Interest – Food and enjoying good meals, having been a self-proclaimed foodie with a whole highlight section on her Instagram dedicated to all of the delicious dishes she tries, where she has mentioned her weaknesses to have included macaroons and cheeseburgers
- Animal – Cats having briefly owned a pet cat that she had rescued
- Passion – Volunteering especially working with children having often volunteered at the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and participated in the Shine on Siblings events there
- Hobbies – Watching comedies having disclosed to have enjoyed seeing things that make her laugh and put her in a great mood, Traveling that she has found to have helped expand her view of the world while letting her live life to the fullest having visited many exciting places including Paris, Santorini, and London
Source – TVOverMind.com, Instagram
Anjelika Washington Facts
- She was brought up in California.
- Anjelika had taken part in cheerleading for several years having continued doing so until her junior year in high school.
- She was introduced to acting at the age of 8 but started taking it seriously only in her junior year in high school after joining an acting class. Her teacher was extremely passionate about acting and had ended up instilling the same into her and when she had advised Anjelika that if she wanted to be in films she should go for it, it had got her determined and focused.
- She had auditioned for the Disney movie Stargirl a week prior to getting the script for the DC’s Stargirl.
- Anjelika has revealed that she is very much like her character Beth Chapel, as they are both energetic, talkative, of a nice disposition, and see the bright sides of all situations.
- She has disclosed that she has wanted to be like her character Fareeda whom she was able to identify with on many different levels. Anjelika had been truly inspired by how much Fareeda owns who she is, and how if anything ever does bother her, she stays unfazed.
- Anjelika has pointed out how we are always taught the importance of being kind to others, however, we often forget to be loving to ourselves. She has wanted to advise the next generation that we should remember to be a friend to our own selves too.
Featured Image by Anjelika Washington / Instagram