|Annie Ilonzeh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6½ inch|
|Date of Birth||August 23, 1983|
Annie Ilonzeh is an American actress who started her career on the small screen in an episode of the TV series How I Met Your Mother in 2007. Her performances earned her a recurring role in the series Melrose Place as Natasha. Annie later earned her first main character in the TV series General Hospital as Maya Ward. She later appeared in many other TV series such as Arrow, Drop Dead Diva, Empire, Person of Interest, and many more. Annie also appeared in the films He’s Just Not That into You and Miss March in 2009. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Annette Ngozi Ilonzeh
Grapevine, Texas, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Annie did her schooling from Colleyville Heritage High School and graduated in finance. Later, she went to the University of Texas at Arlington on a basketball scholarship.
- Father – Christian Ostita Ilonzeh
- Mother – Annette Louise
- Siblings – Christina Ilonzeh (Younger Sister), Emily Ilonzeh (Younger Sister), Jennifer Ilonzeh (Younger Sister), and Laura Ilonzeh (Younger Sister)
- Others – Chester P. Osmianski (Maternal Grandfather), Laura May Bullock (Maternal Grandmother), Francis (Great Grandfather), Laura (Great Grandmother)
Annie is represented by –
- Etcetera and Company
- Michael Auerbach at Jackoway Tyerman
5 ft 6½ in or 169 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Annie has dated –
- Brandon T. Jackson – Annie was rumored to be dating comedian Brandon T. Jackson in the past.
- Shaquille O’Neal (2019) – In early 2019, she was linked with Shaquille O’Neal, a former NBA player.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
From her father’s side, she has Igbo Nigerian ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she has Polish and English ancestry.
Best Known For
Portraying various important roles such as Kate Prince in ABC’s reboot of Charlie’s Angels (2011), Joanna De La Vega in Arrow (2012-2014), and Erika in American Horror Story: Cult (2017)
She made her theatrical film debut in He’s Just Not That into You in 2009.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as Becky in The Yips episode of the comedy series, How I Met Your Mother in 2007.
She is a fitness freak and hits the gym every day for a minimum of 1 hour and 30 mins, per her Instagram post. She has uploaded a series of short videos on her Instagram where she is seen doing pushups, abs exercises, squats, running on the treadmill for approx 4.5 miles as well as sauna stretch among other exercises. Playing basketball is also a part of her fitness regime. She does her workout from 5:30 AM to 6:00 AM.
After her work out, she takes chocolate and peanut butter protein shake.
Annie Ilonzeh Favorite Things
- Food – Strawberry and red velvet flavored cupcakes, traditional Nigerian food
- TV Shows – Chicago Fire, Broad City
- Books – Years of Yes by Shonda Rhimes
- Drink – Tequila on the rocks, Dirty martini
- Website – Amazon and it’s prime membership
- Song – Come Get To This by Marvin Gaye
- Concert – Beyonce
- Video Game – South Park
- Movie – Love & Basketball
- Celebrity Crush – Will Smith
- Restaurant In Dallas – Yama Izakaya, Nobu
Source – Uproxx
Annie Ilonzeh Facts
- Ilonzeh was offered the role to play in Chicago Fire to fill up the vacant space created due to Monica Raymund‘s departure from the series.
- In 2011, she starred in the TV reboot of Charlie’s Angels with Minka Kelly.
- In January 2017, she was all praise for the then-Presiden of the USA, Barack Obama for the changes and development he made in the country.
- She received a backlash for one of her post which was misquoted. The post was about a Nigerian girl who had participated in the Olympics. The post said that the girl had won a silver medal which was not the case.
- Annie is best friends with Nina Lisandrello.
- If she were to advice herself on one thing, she would ask herself to believe in her parents as they know what they are talking about.
- Annie says that she is thankful that her parents didn’t kick her out of the house as she has troubled them a lot in the past.
- Annie saw Peppermint in Los Angeles with her family, friends, and castmates.
- She said that she would love to cook scrambled eggs for Nicolas Cage because that’s quick to cook and Nicolas Cage could be gone in 60 seconds.
- When it comes to sports, she supports women team. She says that it amazes her to watch women especially those who are gymnasts.
- Her most embarrassing moment while growing up in Dallas was when her parents used to come in a 12-passenger van, which was colored teal-green, to drop them to the school or pick her and her sisters.
- She has 2 dogs named Pacino and Cash.
- Joseph Showell, her coach in school was her inspiration. She said that he inspired her to be a teacher, however, she later decided to choose acting as her career.
- Know more about her on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Annie Ilonzeh / Instagram