|April March Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1965|
April March is an American singer and songwriter who has published the studio albums Gainsbourgsion! (1995), Paris in April (1996), Superbanyair (1997), Lessons of April March (1998), April March and Los Cincos (1998), Chrominance Decoder (1999), Triggers (2002), April March and Aquaserge (2012), and In Cinerama (2021). She has also released the EPs Voodoo Doll (1993), Chick Habit (1995), April March and Los Cincos Featuring The Choir (1997), and Dans les yeux d’April March (1999). She sings in both the English and French languages and is perhaps best known for her hit song titled Chick Habit which has been featured in the films But I’m a Cheerleader (1999) and Death Proof (2007). Besides her prolific career in music, she is a cartoon animator and had worked for a while as the principal animator for The Ren and Stimpy Show, an American animated TV series that aired from August 1991 to December 1995. She had also worked as an animator for Archie Comics and the TV series Pee Wee’s Playhouse.
New York City, New York, United States
When April March was in junior high, she had participated in an exchange program through which she had studied for a while in France. She had eventually graduated, in 1983, from Phillips Academy, a co-educational university-preparatory school for boarding and day students located in Andover, Massachusetts.
In the late 1980s, she had taken a break from her music career to attend the Disney-founded ‘Character Animation Program’ at the California Institute of the Arts, a private art university in Santa Clarita, California. After this, to further strengthen her character animation skills, she also attended the Parsons School of Design, a private art and design college in Lower Manhattan, New York City.
- Father – Her father was a literary editor.
- Mother – Her mother was a museum tour guide.
- Third Man Records
- Omnivore Recordings
- Ideal Records
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
April March has dated –
- Warren Zanes – Through her past marriage to Warren Zanes, April March has 2 children.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, frizzy, wavy hair
- Toothy grin
- Radiant face
April March Facts
- Although she had studied in France for a while via an exchange program, April March had first developed an interest in the French language after she had become enamored by a puppet named Monsieur Hibou (Mr. Owl) in nursery school.
- She had formed her first band, The Pussywillows, in 1987. The band had broken up in 1991 after which she had formed another group called The Shitbirds.
- After the latter group disbanded in 1995, she began working as a solo recording artist. She had also been featured in motion picture soundtracks and used to sing the themes of animated TV series.
- Her hit song, Chick Habit, had been used as the backing music in the TV commercials for the Renault Twingo in both the UK and France in 2008. The song was also used as background music for a non-official trailer for The Trilogy (2007), a three-box DVD set released by American sleight of hand practitioners Dan and Dave.
Featured Image by April March / Instagram