|Arvind Kejriwal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 16, 1968|
Arvind Kejriwal is an Indian Politician who became the 7th Chief Minister of Delhi in 2015. He is famous for being a part of the anti-corruption movement which involved the implementation of the Jan Lokpal Bill along with Anna Hazare in 2011. He has won various awards for his contribution to social service and politics. A documentary titled An Insignificant Man was made on him in 2017 by director Khushboo Ranka and Vinay Shukla that got caught up in a legal battle but eventually released in theatres for 8 weeks.
Siwani, Haryana, India
He completed his education from Campus School in Hisar and at a Christian missionary Holy Child School at Sonipat. He later completed his graduation from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in Mechanical Engineering.
- Father – Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Engineer)
- Mother – Gita Devi
- Siblings – Manoj Kejriwal (Brother), Ranjana Kejriwal (Sister)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arvind has dated –
- Sunita Kejriwal (1995-present)- Arvind and Sunita got married in 1995 and they have a son and daughter together.
Race / Ethnicity
Arvind Kejriwal Favorite Things
- Color – Blue
- Food – Kadhi, Indian food
- Actor – Aamir Khan
- Movies – Comedy Films
Source – YouTube, TOI, India Today
Arvind Kejriwal Facts
- He was an employee of Tata Steel after graduating from IIT.
- He was born in an upper-class middle educated Agrawal family and joined the Indian Revenue Service in 1995.
- Arvind starts his day with yoga and is a firm practitioner of Vipassana.
- He takes a vegetarian diet.
- He has also worked with Mother Teresa.
- Arvind has also been a bureaucrat before and has led activist movements along with Anna Hazare.
- He used to teach kids in slums during his college days.
- Arvind is known to sleep for only 4 hours a day.
- He won the Raymon Magsaysay Award in 2006.
- He wanted to join the police services but qualified for the Indian Revenue Service.
- Arvind is known to give his office colleagues surprise treats like samosas and ice cream.
- He donated his Magsaysay award money to an NGO.
- Arvind is known to be a very down to earth person. He doesn’t like luxuries and lives a very simple life.
- His party, Aam Aadmi Party was formed after the Jan Lokpal Bill movement that led to a rift between him and activist Anna Hazare.
- He once resigned as the Delhi Chief Minister in 2014 after 49 days but was re-elected as the CM.
- He doesn’t like to celebrate his birthday nor his children’s birthday.
- In 2011, he along with Anna Hazare went on a strike against corruption and urged the government to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill which eventually failed.
- His party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) was launched on November 12, 2011.
- He has a habit of reading and checking each and every document before signing.
- He is known to be a cool-headed person and doesn’t get angry.
- Arvind is very much attached to his Blue Wagon-R.
- He is the national convener of the Aam Aadmi Party that came to power in Delhi in 2015.
- Arvind was the Joint Commissioner of Income Tax in New Delhi before he entered into politics.
- He cleans his own desk and doesn’t have a peon in his office.
- His wife is also an IRS officer.
- He had interests in social service and politics right from his college days.
- Despite having a car, he prefers to use the Delhi metro for his day-to-day work.
- His JEE AIR rank was 563.
Featured Image by Rajinder Pal Singh Brar / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0