|Barrett Wilbert Weed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1988|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Barrett Wilbert Weed is an American actress, singer, theatre artist, narrator, and teacher who is best recognized for her notable performances in a number of theatre productions which include the likes of Mean Girls, Cabaret, Lysistrata Jones, Bare: The Musical, Heathers: The Musical, Dear Evan Hansen, and FOUND The Musical. She started acting at a very young age by becoming a part of the Boston Children’s Opera and then continued to follow her interests. However, Barrett Wilbert Weed has confessed that she had never really planned about making a career as an actress and everything just kind of happened step-by-step. She has also made a couple of TV appearances on shows such as Crashing, Saturday Night Live, and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and her work as a theatre artist has also made her win several awards and nominations such as Drama Desk Award, Helen Hayes Awards, Lucille Lortel Award, and Broadway.com Audience Awards. Moreover, Barrett Wilbert Weed has also given back to the community by voicing several social issues and also by teaching acting and drama to those interested in the art. She has also amassed an impressive social media fan base as she enjoys more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Barrett Wilbert Weed
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Barrett Wilbert Weed studied at Long Lake Camp for the Arts located in Long Lake, Hamilton County, New York, United States. Moreover, after having been transferred from a private preparatory school, she got enrolled at the Walnut Hill School which is an independent boarding school for the arts located in Natick, Massachusetts, United States. The school had a major impact on her life and Barrett Wilbert Weed has also credited her after school success to the staff and standards of Walnut Hill. Additionally, she has described the school saying, “It’s an amazing place — like Hogwarts. Walnut Hill saved my life.”
Later, in the year 2011, Barrett Wilbert Weed graduated from Elon University, a private liberal arts university located in Elon, Alamance County, North Carolina, with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Musical Theatre. The university also honored her with a 2019 Top 10 Under 10 Alumni Award which is bestowed upon the alumni who have achieved significant professional success while serving as difference-makers in their communities and have loyally supported the university.
Actress, Theatre Artist, Narrator, Teacher, Singer
- Mother – Joanne Wilbert Weed
- Others – Kathi Moss (Aunt) (Actress)
Barrett Wilbert Weed is managed by Jeremy Katz from The Katz Company, Talent Management Company.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Usually sports short hair
- Goofy personality
- Lean body
Barrett Wilbert Weed has either endorsed or promoted a number of brands through social media which include the likes of Ralph Lauren, Averr Aglow Skincare, and GOTRAX.
Best Known For
- Having originated the role of Veronica Sawyer in the Off-Broadway production of Heathers: The Musical as Barrett Wilbert Weed also got nominated for a Lucille Lortel Award in the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical” category as well as a Drama Desk Award in the “Outstanding Actress in a Musical” category in 2014 for her excellent performance in the musical that is an adaptation of the 1988 cult film, Heathers
- Originating the character of Janis Sarkisian in the Broadway production of Mean Girls in which she starred alongside the likes of Grey Henson. Based on the film of the same name, Barrett Wilbert Weed has said that she identifies strongly with the ‘outspoken cynicism’ of her character which also made her win Broadway.com Audience Awards in “Favorite Featured Actress in a Musical”, “Favorite Funny Performance”, and “Favorite Onstage Pair (with Grey Henson)” categories in 2018.
- Having garnered an impressive social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram
As a Singer
Barrett Wilbert Weed has performed many songs on several different occasions which include having performed the song “I’d Rather Be Me” in an episode of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in 2018.
First TV Show
Barrett Wilbert Weed made her first TV show appearance as a musical guest in an episode, titled Tina Fey /Evan Rachel Wood /Mean Girls, of the late-night musical comedy talk show, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, in April 2018. Apart from Jimmy Fallon himself, the cast for the episode also included Tina Fey, Evan Rachel Wood, The Roots, and Steve Higgins.
Barrett Wilbert Weed Facts
- She spent her childhood years in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
- Barrett Wilbert Weed began her acting pursuits at a very young age and by the time she had turned 5, she started working with Boston Children’s Opera.
- Tragically, she lost her father to cancer when she was only 7 years old. She has often posted pictures of her along with her father on social media with long heartwarming captions.
- She never planned on becoming a theatre artist and things just kind of happened for her.
- In November 2011, Barrett Wilbert Weed made her Broadway debut as an understudy for many of the female roles in the production of the musical comedy, Lysistrata Jones.
- She played the role of Nadia in an edited version of the Off-Broadway coming-of-age musical, Bare: A Pop Opera (later Bare: The Musical), at New World Stages in New York, United States.
- In 2014, she brought to life the character of Denise in the production of FOUND The Musical at Atlantic Theatre Company.
- From May 12, 2015, to June 28, 2015, Barrett Wilbert Weed was cast as Sally Bowles in the production of the musical, Cabaret, at Signature Theatre in Arlington, Commonwealth of Virginia. The role also won her a Helen Hayes Award in the “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Musical” category in 2016.
- The audio of her narrating “Kill The Boy Band” by Goldy Moldavsky was released on March 1, 2016, on Audible.com as well as Audio CD’s.
- Barrett Wilbert Weed has often voiced her strong opinions on a number of social causes such as female empowerment, gun control, and voting rights.
- She has a dog named Lorelai.
- As a guest actress, Barrett Wilbert Weed portrayed the character of Deborah in an episode, titled MC, Middle, Headliner, of the comedy television series, Crashing, in February 2019.
- Her credits as a teacher include teaching voice and acting lessons to teenagers while also teaching master classes at high schools.
- Follow Barrett Wilbert Weed on Instagram.
Featured Image by Sexycorn / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0