|Bebe Buell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1953|
Bebe Buell is an American singer, former fashion model, and a known groupie who first entered the world of modeling in 1971 with Eileen Ford before she went on to pursue a career in music. She gained fame after publicizing her relationship with well-known musician Todd Rundgren whom she dated for 7 years. Her musical career kicked off in 1981 during which she recorded a four-song EP under Rhino Records and was produced by Rick Derringer and Ric Ocasek with the Cars serving as the band for two tracks from the EP.
Beverle Lorence Buell
Bebe, The Beeb
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Singer, Former Fashion Model
- Father – Harold Lloyd Buell (U.S. Navy officer and World War II Veteran)
- Mother – Dorothea Johnson (Founded the Protocol School of Washington)
She self-manages herself.
Glam Rock, Grunge
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bebe Buell has dated –
- Todd Rundgren (1972-1979)
- Steven Tyler (1976) – They have a daughter together named Liv Tyler (b. July 01, 1977).
- David Bowie (1973)
- Mick Jagger (1974-1976)
- John Taylor (1984)
- Coyote Shivers (1992-1999)
- Paul Cowsill
- Iggy Pop
- Elvis Costello
- Jimmy Page
- Jim Wallerstein (2002-Present) – The couple got married in 2002.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of German descent.
- Plump Lips
- Snub Nose Type
- Large Eyes
Bebe Buell Favorite Things
Source – Instagram
Bebe Buell Facts
- She started modeling at the age of 17. Buell became Playboy magazine’s “Playmate of the Month” for the November 1974 issue during which her centerfold was photographed by Playboy professional photographer, Richard Fegley.
- In 2001, she wrote an autobiography with Victor Bockris called Rebel Heart: An American Rock and Roll Journey which turned out to be a success and was a New York Times bestseller. A paperback of the book was released in 2002.
- In 1980, she formed the band B-Sides but it disbanded in 1985. At the time, she started another band called the Gargoyles and released a few singles. Though it had drawn interest from large recording labels and companies, the band ended when Liv Tyler’s paternity issues went public in 1991.
- She went on a hiatus and stepped back from the limelight for 6 years as she decided to just manage her daughter’s career as an international model and actress. In 1997, Buell recorded a solo effort with producer Don Fleming and it was released in 2000. Her return to the music industry took place after Liv left their home in 1997.
- Buell performed around New York with Boston musicians, The Rudds and The Neighborhoods’ drummer Johnny Lynch, during which they had also formed a new band to perform for a few shows that included her husband James Wallerstein.
- In 2009, she released her first recording Air Kiss for the Masses. It was followed by a 12-song album.
- In September 2011, she released an aggressive rock album called Hard Love. It was produced by Wallerstein and Stephen DeAcutis. The album features original songs alongside covers of Gang of Four’s I Love a Man in Uniform and Baby Baby by English punk rock band, the Vibrators.
Featured Image by Bebe Buell / Instagram