|Benito Martinez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 30, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Benito Martinez is an American actor who is known as LAPD Captain David Aceveda in The Shield, Luis Torres in Sons of Anarchy (2011-2012), Todd Denver in How to Get Away with Murder (2016-2018), Sheriff Diaz in 13 Reasons Why (2019-2020). Other than that, he has also been recognized for his film work in the film My Family (1995) and Kill Your Darlings (2006).
Benito James Martinez
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Benito studied at the Hollywood High School Performing Arts Center. Later, he went on to attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
- Father – Bennie Martinez
- Mother – Margarita Martinez-Cannon
- Siblings – Patrice Martinez (Older Sister) (Actress), Benita Martinez (Sister) (Actress)
Benito is represented by SDB Partners, Inc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benito has been in a relationship with –
- Laura Martinez – With Laura, Benito has two daughters named Isabella Martinez and Victoria Martinez.
Race / Ethnicity
Benito has Guatemalan ancestry.
- Thin eyebrows
- Sports clean shave and brushed up hairstyle
Benito Martinez Facts
- Growing up, his father had gotten him involved in his mariachi band.
- He has moved to Los Angeles in the past.
- Benito and American game show host, comedian, and actor Anthony Anderson studied at the same school.
- While studying at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London he had been working as a part-time bouncer at a bar. Also, other than Benito, his sister Patrice along with actress Kim Cattrall, Donald Sutherland, and Chiwetel Ejiofor also attended the same academy.
- In the past, he had attended fencing and stage combat workshops.
- He made his debut TV show appearance as Fernandez in The Bronx Zoo in 1988. Later, in 1993, Benito appeared in his first theatrical film appearance as Guillermo in Sunset Grill.
- Benito is an advocate for Latino causes and even co-hosted the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute’s 2005 gala in Washington, D.C.
- He had lent his voice to the characters of various video games including Lonestar in ¡Mucha Lucha!, Horatio Hidalgo in What’s New, Scooby-Doo?, Coyote Smith in Killer7, Manuel Noriega in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, and Captain Julian Dawes in Battlefield Hardline.
- In the year 2011, Benito was appointed for a position in the executive committee for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- His film credits include hits such as Saw, Million Dollar Baby, End Game, and The Dry Land.
- He also goes by the name of James Martinez.
Featured Image By Benito Martinez / Twitter