|Bob Hoskins Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1942|
Bob Hoskins was an English actor, theatre artist, voice actor, and director known for his roles like Vivian Van Damm in Mrs Henderson Presents, Albert in Made in Dagenham, Ray “Raysie” Johnson in Last Orders, Hilditch in Felicia’s Journey, Arthur Parker in Pennies from Heaven, J. Edgar Hoover in Nixon, Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, George in Mona Lisa, Harold Shand in The Long Good Friday, Colonel Perez in The Honorary Consul, Paddy Gargan in The Streets, Angelo Roncalli/Pope John XXIII in The Good Pope: Pope John XXIII, James Madden in The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne, Nikita Khrushchev in Enemy at the Gates, Odin in Son of the Mask, Muir in Snow White and the Huntsman, Manuel Noriega in Noriega: God’s Favorite, Winston Churchill in World War II: When Lions Roared, Lou Landsky in Mermaids, and Benito Mussolini in Mussolini and I. He was also nominatd for an Academy Award for “Best Actor” for his role as George in the neo-noir crime drama film, Mona Lisa.
Robert William Hoskins
Bob, The Cockney Cagney
He was born on October 26, 1942.
On April 29, 2014, he died of pneumonia at the age of 71 in London, England, United Kingdom.
Highgate Cemetery, London, England, United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
He studied at Stroud Green Secondary School and later left school at 15 with a single O-Level.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor, Director
- Father – Robert Hoskins (Bookkeeper, Lorry Driver)
- Mother – Elsie (née Hopkins) Hoskins (Cook, Nursery School Teacher)
- Others – William Hopkins (Maternal Grandfather), Bridget Wadlow (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bob Hoskins had dated –
- Jane Livesey (1966-1978) – In 1966, he started dating Jane Livesey and they got married the following year. They had 2 children – a son named Alex Hoskins (b. 1968) and a daughter named Sarah Hoskins (b. 1972). However, the duo divorced after having been married for over a decade in 1978.
- Linda Banwell (1982-2014) – He married his second wife Linda Banwell in 1982 and they remained together until his death in 2014. They had 2 children together – daughter Rosa Hoskins (b. 1983) and son Jack Hoskins (b. 1986).
Race / Ethnicity
He was of English and Romani descent.
- Short height
- Gravelly voice and strong cockney accent
- A Danny DeVito lookalike
He had been a part of TV commercials like –
- Diet Coke with Roger and Jessica Rabbit (1989)
- “It’s good to talk” series for British Telecom (1996)
- Argos (Voiceover) (2007)
Bob Hoskins Favorite Things
- Albums – Kind of Blue by Miles Davis, “Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross! by Lambert, Hendricks, & Ross!
- Book – Mr Norris Changes Trains by Christopher Isherwood
Source – IMDb
Bob Hoskins Facts
- He was friends with acotr John Bindon and Robert De Niro.
- He was ranked at number #97 in Empire (UK)‘s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list in 1997.
- Bob Hoskins had also worked as a porter, lorry driver, plumber, and window cleaner.
- In 2011, he was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and retired from acting the following year.
- Actors like Stephen Fry, Samuel L. Jackson, and Helen Mirren paid tribute at Hoskins’ funeral, with Helen Mirren syaing that “London will miss one of her best and most loving sons”.
Featured Image by James Stewart / Flickr / CC BY 2.0