|Bobby Cannavale Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1970|
Bobby Cannavale is an American actor who is best known for portraying characters such as Roberto Caffey in the crime drama TV series Third Watch (1999–2001), Vincent ‘Vince’ D’Angelo in the sitcom Will & Grace (2004–2006, 2018), Gyp Rosetti in the period crime drama TV series Boardwalk Empire (2012), Richie Finestra in the period drama TV series Vinyl (2016), Dr. Mike Cruz in the comedy-drama TV series Nurse Jackie (2012–2013), and Colin Belfast in the psychological thriller TV series Homecoming (2018–Present). He is also well recognized for his work in films such as The Station Agent (2003), Blue Jasmine (2013), Spy (2015), I, Tonya (2017), and The Irishman (2019).
Robert Michael Cannavale
Union City, Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Bobby had attended the St. Michael’s Catholic School in his hometown of Union City. After moving to Florida, he had studied at a high school there but was expelled in his senior year. He had then returned to Union City and joined the Union Hill High School.
- Father – Salvatore ‘Sal’ Cannavale
- Mother – Isabel Cannavale
- Others – Sidney Lumet (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Director, Producer, Screenwriter) (d. April 9, 2011), Gail Lumet Buckley (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Journalist, Writer), Amy Lumet (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Sound Editor)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bobby has dated –
- Jenny Lumet (1994–2003) – Bobby got married to actress and screenwriter Jenny Lumet in 1994. They have a son together named Jacob ‘Jake’ Lumet Cannavale (b. May 1, 1995) (Musician, Actor). They got divorced in 2003.
- Jane Adams (1995)
- Michelle Williams (2003–2004)
- Annabella Sciorra (2004–2007)
- Rose Byrne (2012-Present) – Bobby began dating Australian actress Rose Byrne in August 2012. They have 2 sons together named Rocco Cannavale (b. February 1, 2016) and Rafa Cannavale (b. November 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Hispanic)
He is of Italian descent on his father’s side and Cuban descent on his mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a light stubble
Bobby Cannavale Facts
- Bobby had played the role of a gangster in a school production of Guys and Dolls, a role that induced in him a love for acting.
- His parents had parted ways when he was 13 years old after which his mother had taken him to Puerto Rico. They had later moved to Margate, Florida.
- After his expulsion from a high school in Florida, he had relocated to his home state of New Jersey to be closer to New York to launch an acting career.
- For his portrayal of the character of Vincent ‘Vince’ D’Angelo in the sitcom Will & Grace, he had won a Primetime Emmy Award in 2005 in the category of ‘Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series’. He won his next Emmy 8 years later, in the category of ‘Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series’ for playing the role of Gyp Rosetti in the TV series Boardwalk Empire.
- Besides his prolific work in films and TV series, he has starred in numerous theatrical plays and has twice been nominated for a Tony Award – ‘Best Featured Actor in a Play’ for Mauritius (2008) and ‘Best Actor in a Play’ for The Motherf*cker with the Hat (2011).
Featured Image by Bobby Cannavale / Instagram