|Boman Irani Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1959|
Boman Irani is an Indian actor, voice artist, and photographer who is best known for his work in Hindi-language films such as Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. (2003), Don (2006), Heyy Babyy (2007), 3 Idiots (2009), Housefull (2010), Cocktail (2012), Jolly LLB (2013), Happy New Year (2014), and Sanju (2018). For his portrayal of the character of Viru Sahastrabuddhe in the 2009 coming-of-age comedy-drama film 3 Idiots, he had won a Filmfare Award in the category of ‘Best Supporting Actor’ and an IIFA (International Indian Film Academy) Award in the category of ‘Best Performance in a Negative Role’. In January 2019, he had launched his production house called Irani Movietone.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Boman had attended the St. Mary’s School, Mumbai, a private Catholic secondary school for boys in Mazagaon, Mumbai. After his high school graduation, he had undertaken a 2-year waiter course at the Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science & Amruthben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, an institution affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
Actor, Voice Artist, Photographer
- Mother – Jerbanoo Irani (d. June 2021)
- Siblings – Shirin Irani (Older Sister), Shenaz Irani (Older Sister), Roshan Irani (Older Sister) (Restaurant Owner)
- Others – Reah Cama (Daughter-in-Law)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boman has dated –
- Zenobia Irani (1985-Present) – Boman and Zenobia got married in January 1985 and they have 2 sons together named Danesh Irani and Kayoze Boman Irani (Actor, Voice Artist, Film Director) (b. November 20, 1987).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irani Zoroastrian descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Side-parted, short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
Boman has served as the brand ambassador for –
- P Mark Oil
- Exotica (Real Estate Firm)
- Kent RO (Water Purifier)
- Saffola (Edible Oil)
- AmbiPur (Car Freshener)
- GTPL Hathway (Multi-Service Operator (MSO))
Boman Irani Facts
- Boman’s father had passed away in June 1959, 6 months before his birth. He was suffering from acute nephritis, a condition in which the functional units of the kidneys become inflamed.
- Boman was dyslexic, had ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), and a lisp, which he eventually overcame.
- After completing his polytechnic diploma course, he had joined the iconic Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai. He had worked there in the room service department for 2 years after which he has promoted to the position of a waiter at the hotel’s rooftop French restaurant, Rendezvous.
- His father used to run a bakery and snacks shop that was taken over by his mother after his father’s death. A late entrant into the entertainment industry, Boman used to manage the shop until the age of 32. He also used to make and sell potato chips and tea there for several years. The shop is located on Mumbai’s Grant Road and is the place where he had met his future wife and mother-in-law for the first time.
- In addition to his acting career, he mentors young and promising screenwriters through a writing workshop named Spiral Bound. The idea for the workshop had come about at the launch party of his production house called Irani Movietone, in January 2019.
Featured Image by Boman Irani / Instagram