|Boogie2988 Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1974|
Boogie2988 is an American YouTuber who is best known for his self-titled YouTube channel where he has garnered more than 4.5 million subscribers and where he primarily posts rants about video games and nerd culture and parodies video game news and pop culture. Most of his videos feature him as Francis, a character that he had created based on the prevalent stereotypes about nerdy video game players. He also often posts serious discussions about a variety of topics including mental health. Besides his primary channel, he runs 2 other YouTube accounts – Boogie Travels that has more than 50k subscribers, and Boogie Plays Games that has amassed more than 350k subscribers. He is also popular on other social media platforms with more than 600k followers on Twitter and more than 150k followers on Instagram.
Steven Jay Williams
Abingdon, Washington County, Virginia, United States
Fayetteville, Washington County, Arkansas, United States
Boogie2988 had graduated from the St. Paul High School in his home state of Virginia. He had then joined the University of Virginia’s College at Wise (UVA Wise) but had dropped out before completing his course.
- Father – Carl Williams (Coal Miner)
- Mother – Wanda Williams (Teacher)
- Siblings – Bryan Williams (Older Brother), Karla Williams (Older Sister)
5 ft 9 in or 175.5 cm
125 kg or 275.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boogie2988 has dated –
- Desiree Williams (2013–2018) – Boogie2988 had married Desiree in 2013 and the couple got divorced in February 2018, after nearly 5 years of wedlock.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Gigantic frame
- Sports either a thick beard or a goatee
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Boogie2988 had endured a troubled childhood as he was often bullied due to his excessive weight and his miseries were compounded due to the verbal and physical abuse that he was subject to from his mother.
- In June 2016, his primary YouTube channel was hacked anonymously by a person who had acquired his phone number at that year’s VidCon through which he had been able to gain access to Boogie2988’s associated social media accounts. The channel was thus temporarily closed and restored about a week later.
- He had undergone gastric bypass surgery, in August 2017, which was necessitated by his morbid obesity.
- In October 2018, he had to sever his financial relationship with a counseling service known as BetterHelp. He, and some other YouTubers, who had been sponsored by the company were accused by netizens of profiting from talking about mental illness on their channels.
- Later that month, he was withdrawn from a Dungeons & Dragons charity event after concerns were raised by a few LGBT activists due to his controversial views on the Gamergate controversy, an online harassment campaign that had revolved around issues of s*xism and anti-progressivism in video game culture.
- He had admitted to subscribers, in April 2019, that he had committed potential tax fraud. He revealed that he used to buy cards of Magic: The Gathering, a digital collectible trading card game, write them off as a business expense, and then re-sell them without declaring the income thus made on his income tax filing.
Featured Image by Boogie2988 / Instagram