|Bridget Regan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1982|
Bridget Regan is an American actress who has performed guest roles on several popular primetime shows such as Law and Order, NCIS, Grey’s Anatomy, and The Good Wife. She had a recurring role in White Collar (2013–2014) and was cast as a villain in Agent Carter (2015–2016) and Jane the Virgin (2014–2019). In 2019, she also bagged the lead role in Paradise Lost opposite Josh Hartnett. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Bridget Catherine Regan
San Diego County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from San Dieguito Academy High School in Encinitas, California. During high school, Regan attended La Jolla Playhouse’s Summer Conservatory for young actors.
Bridget acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts where she studied drama with Gerald Freedman and graduated with fellow actresses Trieste Kelly Dunn and Anna Camp in 2004. After that, she moved to New York City to struggle for a career in the entertainment industry.
- Father – James Regan
- Mother – Mary Catherine Regan née Hagedorn
- Siblings – Erin Regan (Older Sister)
Bridget Regan is represented by –
- Michael Gasparro, General Manager, Gasparro Management, New York City, New York, United States
- United Talent Agency (UTA)
- The Gersh Agency
- TMT Entertainment
- Sunshine Sachs (Public Relations Firm)
- Rick Genow Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher (Attorney)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bridget Regan has dated –
- Craig Horner – Bridget was linked with her Legend of the Seeker co-star Craig Horner in the past.
- Eamon O’Sullivan (2008–Present) – Bridget met assistant director, film & TV writer, Eamon on the sets of Legend of the Seeker while filming the show in New Zealand. Eamon worked as an assistant director on Bridget’s show for 9 episodes. The couple got married in August 2010 and welcomed their first child, a daughter named Frankie Jean O’Sullivan in December 2010. Their 2nd child, a son named Bernard Moon O’Sullivan nicknamed Barney, was born in February 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish and German ancestry.
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘black’.
- Porcelain white skin
- Slender face
- Curly, red hair
Best Known For
- Playing the character of Kahlan Amnell in the supernatural fantasy show Legend of the Seeker (2008–2010) and former Navy Intelligence officer named Sasha Cooper from season 3 to 5 of the action drama series The Last Ship (2016–2018)
- Appearing as Frances Forsythe in Paramount Network’s gothic-mystery series Paradise Lost alongside Josh Hartnett
She made her theatrical film debut as Tina Tuchman in the comedy-drama film, The Babysitters in 2007.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut on the comedy-drama series, Love Monkey in 2006.
- During an interview in 2010, the actress revealed that she hired personal trainers whenever she was in Los Angeles and New York City. Regan was an employee of Equinox gym in New York City from 2004 to 2006, and once her acting career took off, she became a member of the luxury gym chain until 2019. The actress canceled her Equinox membership in August 2019 after hearing news about their investor, Stephen Ross holding a fundraiser for Donald Trump.
- Whenever her schedule allows it, Regan books a Versa-climber HIIT class at Rise-Nation studio found by celebrity trainer, Jason Walsh. In 2017, she posted a video on Twitter of a personal training session with Jason. She added that keeping fit during an extended outdoor shoot in another country or city was not that difficult since most of her roles required her to stay active throughout her shoot.
- For all the roles Bridget played from 2009 to 2019, she learned horse riding, and tactical assault training using firearms. Whenever the actress visits a new place, she likes to look for beautiful hike locations. While filming Legend of the Seeker in New Zealand, she once visited Tongariro National Park for an 8-hour hike. Outdoor running is one of her favorite modes of cardio, particularly when she does not have access to a gym.
- She travels with a set of mini bands (loop resistance bands) for a leg-workout that can be done anywhere. Bridget usually performs lateral and forward monster walks and banded lunges for a quick thigh and booty burner. She is also a trained dancer that helps her learn new physical skills quickly.
- Although Regan’s meals might vary, she tends to consume the same healthy breakfast to get a positive head start for the rest of her day. Bridget starts her morning with grated ginger in warm water and eats a porridge loaded with herbs and spices such as ginger and cinnamon, along with almonds to warm her system.
Bridget Regan Favorite Things
- Healthy Snack – Almonds
- Alcoholic Drink – Red wine, Champagne, Gin & Tonic
- Reality Show – The Bachelor, The Bachelorette
- Food – Fried plantains
- Movie (Comedy) – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- Pizza Topping – Fresh Basil
- Curse Word – Darn!
- City – New York City
- NYC Place – West Village
- Musical Artists – Michael Jackson, Prince
- Beverage – Coffee
- Boy Band – NSYNC
- Twitter Account – Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Instagram Account – Bodega Cats of Instagram
- Meal – The hamachi, Uni linguini, lobster roll and fried chicken sandwich from Son of Gun in Los Angeles
- Websites – Amazon.com, therealreal.com, Pinterest, Rise-nation (to book classes)
- Songs On Her Cellphone – All songs by Prince
- Most Memorable Concert She Attended – Bruce Springsteen
- Animated Show – The Simpsons
- Movies (To Watch Repeatedly) – Jaws (1975), Hannah and Her Sisters (1986), Annie Hall (1977), West Side Story (1961), Annie (1982), A Chorus Line (1985), League of Their Own (1992), Working Girl (1988), Troop Beverly Hills (1989), Inside Out (2015), Birdman (2014)
- First Celebrity Crush – Jonathan Brandis
- Sports Team – All Blacks New Zealand Rugby Team
- Personal Care Products – Radius natural biodegradable silk floss, Sulwhasoo overnight vitalizing mask, Kevin Murphy motion lotion, Kai Deodorant, Biologique Recherche creme masque vernix, Kate Somerville eradikate (For pimples), Sacha Juan dark dry powder shampoo, Odacite pure elements b1 + c serum concentrate, Kai hand cream
- Lipstick – Charlotte Tilbury K.i.s.s.i.n.g Lipstick in Bitch Perfect with Clinique lip pencil in Lipblush
- Neighborhood Hangout Spot (LA) – Jessica Koslow’s Sqirl restaurant
- Date Night Spot (LA) – Bestia in Downtown LA, A play at Redcat Theater
- Getaway Spot With Family – Camping at Yosemite National Park
Source – Self, BuzzFeed, Uproxx, KaiFragrance.com
Bridget Regan Facts
- She has a pet cat named Henry.
- Regan grew up in Carlsbad, California.
- She started acting at the age of 6 and first gained experience in musical theatre. Some of the local stage productions she participated in were The Wizard of Oz and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- The actress made her Broadway debut in 2007 as Cecile Leroux in a play written by Mark Twain called Is He Dead?
- In 2009, she produced a musical production called Camp Wanatachi that ran at an Off-Off-Broadway theatre in East Village called La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club.
- She likes to sing along to Broadway tunes while driving.
- Bridget had to learn and deliver dialogues in 6 different languages while playing Sasha Cooper on The Last Ship (2016–2018).
- Fans bombarded her with hate messages on Twitter when her 4 episode appearance as Alex Salter in Beauty and the Beast (2013) created a love triangle with the lead couple of the show compelling her to take a hiatus from that site.
- Regan’s role in Legend of the Seeker made her so popular among comic book fans and communities that from 2009 to 2013 they frequently proposed and voted for her name in online polls to get cast as DC’s Wonder Woman, the role that was eventually played by Gal Gadot.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0