|Bridgid Coulter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 2, 1968|
Bridgid Coulter is an American actress and designer who burst into the limelight after playing the role of Jolene in the television sitcom Family Matters (1990). Bridgid gained further popularity by appearing in several other TV shows including Martin (1993) and after getting featured in many films such as There’s No Place Like Homegirl (1994). Coulter has also founded the coworking collective for colored women, Blackbird House, and has run her own eponymous interior design firm.
Bridgid Latrice Coulter
Alameda County, California, United States
She finished her undergraduate in Theatre at UCLA. She went on to acquire a graduate degree in Interior Design.
- Father – He worked in the health department.
- Mother – She was a nurse.
She has been represented by The House of Representatives.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Don Cheadle (1992-Present) – Bridgid Coulter and actor Don Cheadle began dating in 1992. The pair has 2 daughters, viz., Imani Cheadle and Ayana Tai Cheadle. In June 2021, during an appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Don disclosed that he and Bridgid had got married in early 2020, after being together for 28 years.
Note – Bridgid Coulter has a son, too.
Race / Ethnicity
- Her thick afro-hairstyle
- Shapely lips
Bridgid Coulter Favorite Things
- Life Lesson Quote – “Be bold and trust your instincts”, given to her by an acting teacher, that she has always remembered when making a difficult decision that has led her to listen to what her inner voice has really asked of her
Source – Medium.com
Bridgid Coulter Facts
- She was raised in Berkeley in California, in a multicultural family that consisted of hard-working people in the creative as well as medical fields. Bridgid’s grandfather had been a blues singer, and music used to echo throughout the house and make the ambience lovely and vibrant. As her parents were both in the medical field, there was the duality of medicine, service, and creativity at her home that had turned it into a unique place to grow up in.
- Bridgid has recalled that it was not just her home that was in a way an all-inclusive, open experiment of society, as diversity and open-mindedness had been the crux of her education as well as the culture at the time. The Berkeley schools were busy doing experimental teachings all the time. Bridgid has felt blessed to have been a part of that exploration as it had fueled her growth and resilience.
- Coulter has been a prominent activist promoting racial equality along with providing assistance to women of color. She had been an active supporter of the presidential campaign of Kamala Harris.
- If she could enjoy a private breakfast or lunch with anyone in the world, she would have chosen Michelle Obama, having always found her to be incredible and inspiring.
- When Bridgid has had an upcoming important meeting where she has needed to focus, or she has gone to do a talk, she has done breathwork or dreamwork where she has dropped into her subconscious and come into the spaces with her best self.
Featured Image by Bridgid Coulter / Instagram