|Carine Roitfeld Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1954|
Carine Roitfeld is a French fashion editor, former fashion model, and writer who is best known for her decade-long stint (2001-2011) as the editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris, the French edition of the popular fashion magazine Vogue. A year after leaving the position, she had become the founder and editor-in-chief of CR Fashion Book Ltd., an organization that publishes CR Fashion Book, a bi-annual print magazine headquartered in New York City.
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Fashion Editor, Former Fashion Model, Writer
- Father – Jacques Roitfeld (né Yakov Motelevich Roitfeld) (Film Producer, Former Lawyer) (d. 1999)
- Mother – Nicola Roitfeld
- Siblings – Karina Roitfeld (Sister)
- Others – Wladimir Roitfeld (Older Half-Brother) (Assistant Director, Production Manager), Georges Roitfeld (Older Half-Brother) (Film Producer)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carine has dated –
- Christian Restoin – Carine had started dating fashion designer and creator of the Equipment brand of clothing Christian Restoin in the late 1970s although they were not married even as of July 2021. He had closed his clothing line in 2001 after Carine had become the editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris. They have 2 children together – a daughter named Julia Restoin Roitfeld (b. November 12, 1980) (Creative Art Director, Model, Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur) and a son named Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld (b. December 1984) (Businessman, Art Dealer, President of CR Fashion Book Ltd., Former Assistant Producer for Paramount Pictures). Through Julia, she has a granddaughter named Romy Nicole Konjic (b. May 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ukrainian and Russian descent on her father’s side and French descent on her mother’s side.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Carine Roitfeld Facts
- Carine often mentions the influence of her father in her development as a highly determined individual. He had endured a testing life, to say the least. After practicing law in cities like St. Petersburg, Baku, and Odessa, he had emigrated to Austria at the age of 34. 2 years later, in 1925, he had relocated to Germany. After the Nazis came to power there, he had fled to Paris where he had eventually become a film producer.
- When she was 18 years old, she was spotted on a Paris street by a British photographer’s assistant who had booked her for a few junior magazines’ photoshoots. However, she did not stay in the field of modeling for long and became a writer and later a stylist for the French edition of Elle magazine.
- Her long-term collaborator Mario Testino, a renowned Peruvian fashion and portrait photographer, is godfather to her son Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld.
- In April 2006, there were rumors that she had been approached by the Hearst Corporation, an American multinational mass media, and business information conglomerate, to take over the editor-in-chief position for the English edition of Harper’s Bazaar magazine but she did not leave her position as the editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris.
- In January 2010, she was named in the ‘Top 10 Best Dressed’ list published by the British magazine Tatler. In March 2013, she was included in the ’50 Best Dressed Over 50 published by The Guardian.
Featured Image by Carine Roitfeld / Instagram