|Carl Weathers Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 14, 1948|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Carl Weathers is an American actor, director, producer, voice actor, writer, and professional football player who is best known for having been cast as Apollo Creed in the Rocky series of films as well as for portraying the character of Chubbs Peterson in Happy Gilmore and Little Nicky. He has also been active in sports and has played for the Oakland Raiders of the National Football League and the B.C. Lions of the Canadian Football League.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Carl Weathers studied at St. Augustine High School which is an all-boys parochial high school located in New Orleans, Louisiana and graduated in 1966. Later, he attended the Long Beach City College before transferring to San Diego State University where he played and became a letterman for the San Diego State Aztecs in 1968 and 1969.
Then, Carl Weathers got enrolled at the San Francisco State University and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in drama in 1974. Moreover, he has also taken drama classes with actress Donna Pescow.
Actor, Professional Football Player, Director, Producer, Writer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – He was a day laborer.
Carl Weathers is represented by Luber Roklin Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carl Weathers has dated –
- Mary Ann Castle (1973-1983) – The duo has been blessed with 2 sons, namely, Jason and Matthew.
- Rhona Unsell (1984-2006)
- Kathie Lee Gifford (1984-1985)
- Jennifer Peterson (2007-2009)
Race / Ethnicity
Carl Weathers is of African-American descent.
Carl Weathers has done endorsement work for –
- Bud Light (TV Commercial) (2010)
- Old Spice Deodorant with Tony Stewart (TV Commercial) (2010)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children (TV Commercial) (2014) (along with Bernie Kopell, Cloris Leachman, and Markie Post)
Carl Weathers Facts
- While growing up, he used to play a variety of sports such as boxing, football, gymnastics, judo, soccer, and wrestling.
- Carl Weathers has said that when he was young, he used to dream about becoming an actor.
- He made his theatrical film debut by playing the role of Demonstrator in the action thriller film, Magnum Force, in 1973. However, his part went uncredited.
- As a director, he has worked on a couple of shows like Silk Stalkings, Pensacola: Wings of Gold, 18 Wheels of Justice, For the People, Strong Medicine, and Sheena.
- Carl Weathers has provided his vocals to a few video game characters which include Colonel Samuel Garrett from Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction and Jax Briggs from Mortal Kombat X.
- He has also gained a decent social media fan base with more than 50k followers on Twitter.
- Carl Weathers has served as a producer on projects such as A Burger and a Bullet, The Defiant Ones, and Fortune Dane.
Featured Image by Luigi Novi / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0