|Carole King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1942|
Carole King is an American singer, songwriter, author, and environmentalist who is known as one of the most prominently known songwriters of the latter half of the 20th century in the United States, having written or co-written 118 pop hits on the Billboard Hot 100 during that time. Other than that, Carole has also won 4 Grammy Awards.
Carol Joan Klein
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
Idaho, United States
Carole was 4 years old when she was enrolled in kindergarten. By the end of the first year, she was promoted to grade 2.
Sometime during the 1950s, Carole attended James Madison High School and graduated from there in 1958.
Later, she also attended Queens College but decided not to complete her studies and instead took up a job as a secretary.
Singer, Songwriter, Author, Environmentalist
- Father – Sidney N. Klein (Firefighter)
- Mother – Eugenia Cammer (Teacher)
Carole is represented by Good Noize Entertainment, Inc.
Pop, Soft Rock, Soul, Brill Building
Vocals, Piano, Guitar
Carole has released her music with Rockingale Records, Ode Records, Epic Records, Sony Music Entertainment Records, Koch Records, Priority Records, EMI Group Limited, and RCA Records.
Carole King’s net worth was $70 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carole has dated –
- Neil Sedaka
- Gerry Goffin (1958-1969) – Carole met lyricist Gerry Goffin while attending Queens College. The couple got married to one another on Long Island in August 1959, in a Jewish ceremony. Carole was only 17 years old at the time of her marriage. With Gerry, she had her first child – a girl named Louise Goffin (b. March 23, 1960) who is also a singer and songwriter, and then Sherry Goffin Kondor (b. March 3, 1962) who is an actress.
- Charles Larkey (1968-1976) – With bass player Charles Larkey, Carole has 2 children Molly Larkey and Levi Larkey.
- JD Souther (1976)
- Rick Evers (1977-1978) – In a memoir of her that was written in 2012, Carole had written that she was physically abused by Rick until he passed away in 1978, due to an overdose of cocaine.
- Richard Sorenson (1981-1989)
Race / Ethnicity
Carole has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Carole has appeared in commercials for several brands such as –
Carole King Facts
- Her parents met one another in an elevator at Brooklyn College in 1936.
- King was just 3 years old when she began to take an interest in music and it was her mother who was a self-taught pianist who gave Carole piano lessons. Later, at the age of 4, her parents found out that she had a perfect pitch and directed their attention to helping her improve.
- One of the earliest bands that she formed was called Co-Sines. During that time, she changed her name from “Carol Klein” to “Carole King”.
- She came out with her first official promotional single The Right Girl in 1958.
- King was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (with Gerry Goffin) in 1990 and the American Songwriters Hall of Fame (with Gerry Goffin) in 1997.
- Carole relocated to Idaho in 1977, after which, she began taking an interest in environmental issues and by the year 1990, she had started working with Alliance for the Wild Rockies as well as other groups with the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (NREPA).
- She is a supporter of the United States Democratic Party and had campaigned for politician John Kerry in 2003 and showed her support for lawyer and politician Hillary Clinton in 2008.
- Carole released her debut studio album titled Writer in May 1970. From there, she went on to release several other hit albums some of which are Tapestry, Music, Live at the Troubadour (with James Taylor), Thoroughbred, and Wrap Around Joy.
Featured Image By Carole King / Instagram