|Charlotte Gainsbourg Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1971|
Charlotte Gainsbourg is an English-French actress, singer, and writer who is recognized for being the daughter of 2 celebrated artists, Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin, as well as for her own success as an artist as she has released several albums and has also been cast in a variety of films. Moreover, she has also garnered an impressive social media fan base with more than 350k followers on Facebook, more than 100k followers on Twitter, more than 80k followers on Instagram, and more than 50k subscribers on YouTube.
Charlotte Lucy Gainsbourg
London, England, United Kingdom
7th arrondissement of Paris, France
Charlotte Gainsbourg studied at École Active Bilingue Jeannine Manuel in Paris and also attended Collège Alpin International Beau Soleil in Switzerland.
Actress, Singer, Writer
- Father – Serge Gainsbourg (Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Film Composer, Poet, Painter, Screenwriter, Writer, Actor, Director)
- Mother – Jane Birkin (Actress, Singer, Songwriter, Model)
- Others – Kate Barry (Half-Sister) (Fashion Photographer), Lou Doillon (Half-Sister) (Singer, Songwriter, Artist, Actress, Model), Lucien “Lulu” Gainsbourg (Younger Half-Brother), Andrew Birkin (Maternal Uncle) (Screenwriter, Director, Occasional Actor), Anno Birkin (Late Cousin) (Poet, Musician) (Died in a road accident), David Birkin (Cousin) (Artist), Sophie Hunter (Cousin) (Director, Playwright, Former Performer), Joseph Ginsburg (Paternal Grandfather), Brucha Goda /Olga Bessman /Besman /Bezman /Besmann (Paternal Grandmother), David Leslie Birkin (Maternal Grandfather), Judy Campbell (Maternal Grandmother) (Actress, Playwright)
Charlotte Gainsbourg is represented by –
- Artmédia, Talent Agency, Paris, France
- 42, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Alternative Rock, Indie Pop, Dream Pop
Phonogram Records, Because Music, Atlantic Recording Corporation, Vice Media LLC, Elektra Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charlotte Gainsbourg has dated –
- Yvan Attal (1991-Present) – Charlotte Gainsbourg started dating Israeli-French actor and director, Yvan Attal, in 1991 after they met one another on the set of the film titled Aux yeux du monde. He eventually proposed to Gainsbourg on June 19, 2013, when he received the French National Order of Merit. The duo has been blessed with 3 children – a son named Ben (born 1997) and 2 daughters named Alice (born 2002) and Joe (born 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Charlotte Gainsbourg is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent on her father’s side and has English roots on her mother’s side.
- Lean physique
- Pointed chin
Charlotte Gainsbourg has done endorsement work for –
- Gérard Darel (Print Ad) (2004)
- Balenciaga French fragrance for women (Print Ad) (2011)
Charlotte Gainsbourg Facts
- She grew up in Paris, France.
- Charlotte Gainsbourg starred as Charlotte Castang in the musical comedy-drama film, An Impudent Girl (French: L’Effrontée), in 1985 and this role won her a César Award in the “Most Promising Actress” category.
- For her performance as She in the horror film, Antichrist (2009), she won a number of awards and nominations like Sant Jordi Award, Bodil Award, Fangoria Chainsaw Award, European Film Award, Scream Award, Village Voice Film Poll, and Robert Award.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0