|Cho Seung-woo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||March 28, 1980|
Cho Seung-woo is a South Korean actor and singer who burst into the spotlight after portraying the part of Oh Joon-ha in the romance melodrama movie The Classic (2003). He gained further popularity by starring in several other notable films like Marathon (2005), and by getting featured in various TV shows including The King’s Doctor (2012-2013). He is also known for his stellar acts in stage musicals such as Jekyll & Hyde (2004-2005) in which he essayed the titular role of Jekyll/Hyde. Cho has performed in the official soundtracks for a number of films as well, including the musical dama Go Go 70s (2008). He is the recipient of many accolades like the Golden Ticket Awards in 2012 for “Best Musical Actor”.
Seoul, South Korea
He attended Kaywon High School of Arts. After that, he went to Dankook University, studying Theater and Film. He also enrolled in Dankook University‘s Graduate School of Culture, Arts and Design.
- Father – Cho Kyung-soo (Singer)
- Siblings – Cho Seo-yeon (Older Sister) (Musical Theater Actress)
He has been represented by PL Entertainment and Good Man Story Entertainment.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Kang Hye-jung (2004-2007) – Cho has been in a relationship with actress Kang Hye-jung.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Shapely lips
Cho Seung-woo Favorite Things
Source – Fandom
Cho Seung-woo Facts
- He was brought up in a musical family. Since his childhood, he himself also used to dream of becoming a musical actor. In 1999, while pursuing his studies at Dankook University, he was encouraged to join auditions for the Cannes Film Festival-screened movie Chunhyang, when he had ended up landing the part from among a field of more than a thousand actors.
- Cho has admitted that when he was in high school, he had seen all the works of the Seoul Arts Group. He has added that his school used to take care of the pupils so that they could watch many performances.
- He has revealed that he had become determined to become a musical actor after watching the school performance of Don Quixote and the musical Man of La mancha became his dream. However, when the opportunity did come to him when he was 26 years old, he got nervous fearing he would ruin the work he loved the most and actually at first had refused the offer.
- Cho has disclosed that Hedwig has been one of the musicals that he has truly cherished being a part of. He has found it to be unique and has marveled at how it originated at a small drag queen club in New York. Owing to its format being more like a monodrama, actors get a lot of autonomy, and he has relished how the musicians in the concert communicate with the audience and speak about themselves. He has added that he had fun altering all the lines that were written in the first performance, into simple spoken words.
- He has been a homebody and has not wanted to travel much.
- Cho has disclosed that he has always prayed before going on stage. He has known that the stage will be the same at all times, but to him, it has always felt like standing for the first time for each of his performances.
Featured Image by Cho Seungwoo Fanpage / Instagram