|Chris Weidman Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 17, 1984|
Chris Weidman is an American professional mixed martial artist who began competing in the middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in 2011. He had become the UFC Middleweight Champion in 2013 by defeating Anderson Silva. This had halted Silva’s 16-fight winning streak in the UFC and his 7-year stint as the champion. Chris had held the title for about two and a half years, defending it thrice, before conceding it to Luke Rockhold. As of July 2021, he was ranked number 12 in the UFC middleweight rankings.
Christopher James Weidman
The All-American, The Legend Slayer
Baldwin, Hempstead, Nassau County, Long Island, New York, United States
Simpsonville, Greenville County, South Carolina, United States
Chris had attended Baldwin High School, a public school in his hometown of Baldwin. After his high school graduation, he had joined the Nassau Community College, a public community college in Garden City, New York. He had later taken a transfer to Hofstra University, a private university in Hempstead, New York. He had graduated from there with a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Father – Charlie Weidman
- Mother – Mary Weidman
- Siblings – He has an older brother and a younger sister.
- Others – Tony Thompson (Brother-in-Law)
- Middleweight (2010–2018, 2020–Present)
- Light Heavyweight (2019)
6 ft 6 in or 198 cm
Chris Weidman’s net worth had been $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Marivi Caban (2001-Present) – Chris had started dating Marivi Caban in 2001 when they were in high school together. They eventually got married in 2009 and have 3 children together – a daughter named Cassidy Weidman and 2 sons named CJ Weidman and Colten Weidman (b. 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German and Irish descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has a tattoo on his left shoulder
Chris has been sponsored by –
- Monster Hydro
- Fellowship Home Loans
Chris Weidman Facts
- Chris used to participate in multiple sports during his school days and had taken to wrestling at a very young age. During his high school stint, he was a Nassau County and New York state wrestling champion.
- While he was attending Nassau Community College, he had earned ‘All-American’ wrestling honors twice.
- He holds the record of being the first college wrestler to become the NYS Collegiate Champion in his junior year.
- During his time at Hofstra University, he was a 2-time NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Division I All-American. He had also stood 6th at the 2006 NCAA Championships and 3rd at the 2007 edition of the tournament, his senior year in college. He had later served as a wrestling instructor at the university.
- In October 2012, his house was severely damaged by the devastating Hurricane Sandy. He had then volunteered to help rebuild the homes of those who had suffered a similar fate, in collaboration with a local non-profit charitable group called Staten Strong. He and his family had moved from New York to South Carolina in the summer of 2020.
Featured Image by Chris Weidman / Instagram