|Christopher Chann Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||29, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Christopher Chann is an American social media star, skateboarder, and actor, best known for his YouTube channel under his nickname, Chris Chann, which has amassed an audience of more than 1.5 million subscribers. He created it on February 22, 2009, and uploaded a rather strange video, titled Untitled which showed the former President of the United States, Barack Obama, greeting the audience up close. The very next video was very much in line with what would gain him prominence – skateboarding tricks. Chris later continued to upload videos of skateboarding tricks almost exclusively between July 2009 and August 2016. They were occasionally intercepted by product reviews, unboxings, and vlogs related to his life as a skateboarder.
He then began switching his content around to include videos that were based on pranks, vlogs, storytime, experiments, and funny challenges such as mannequin or bottle flip. In late 2018, Chris also began collaborating with other YouTubers on the platform such as Casey Neistat, Danny Duncan, and Durte Dom. He was also a part of the documentary skateboarding TV series Now Boarding in 2017, and also appeared in a few episodes of the web series Camp Woodward in 2018, which was a reality-TV sports series that followed a unique adrenaline-chasing summer camp. Chris has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 600k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter and Facebook.
Chris, Chriss Channzy
Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
After he graduated high school, Chris enrolled in college and was looking into getting into a grad school. When his YouTube and skating career took off, he was forced to abandon his education. However, Chris has admitted that he never gave up on the idea of going back to school when the time is right.
Social Media Star, Actor, Skateboarder
- Mother – Vicky Chann
- Siblings – Ryan Chann (Brother) (Cinematographer)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Latino and Hispanic)
He is of Chinese descent on his paternal side and of Mexican descent on his maternal side.
Freckles on his face
Christopher Chann has endorsed brands such as –
- Sertified Casting
- Kove Speakers
Best Known For
- Appearing as “Himself” in the TV series Now Boarding in 2017 and web series Camp Woodward on YouTube in early 2018
- His social media fanbase with more than 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 600k followers on Instagram, and more than 100k followers on Facebook and Twitter
First Web Show
Christopher Chann made his first web show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Meet Roman Hager episode of the sports, reality-TV series, Camp Woodward in January 2018.
First TV Show
Christopher Chann made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ in the Los Anglees episode of the documentary series, Now Boarding in May 2017.
Christopher Chann Favorite Things
- Video Games – Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Guild Wars 2
- Songs (In 2015) – Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Just A Gent Remix) by Tears For Fears, Seven by Tobu, Never Cared by Eddie Prove
- Food – Spaghetti
- Companies To Ride Skateboard For – Coconut Water, In-n-Out, Microsoft Xbox
- Skate Parks – Stoner Skate Plaza, Berrics
Source – Soundcloud Playlist, YouTube, YouTube, YouTube
Christopher Chann Facts
- When he was around the age of 7, he went to a skate park with his dad and brother. He couldn’t do an Ollie trick at the time, and the older skater set a flat bar next to a ramp. When Chris tried jumping on the flat bar to try the trick, his skateboard completely slipped and he hit himself between the legs with it. He had to walk home in pain and very slowly, while his dad and brother laughed.
- Chris’s secret talent is typing extremely fast, at a rate of around 90 to 100 words per minute. He says the skill is entirely earned through playing video games.
- He used to play the video game Runescape a lot when he was in the 7th grade. Until the end of high school, he played with a kid named Jordan, whom he never met in person as Jordan lived in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. In May 2019, Chris flew him to California so that they can finally meet in person after 13 years of being online friends.
- When he was a kid, he dreamed of having a job of selling tickets at a movie theater.
- His intention was never to become a professional skater, he just wanted to be very good at it. That’s because he’s a rational person, and thinks the skating industry is a bit old-school and not too accepting of YouTubers who are skaters.
- He grew up playing the video games from the Tony Hawk Pro Skater franchise on PC.
- If he could have a wish come true in the world of skating, he would eliminate the hatred in the skating industry and make sure there was less judgment of the newcomers.
- When Chris was 13 years old, he wanted to try and learn a Smith Grind trick. To see how it feels, he placed the skateboard and tried to stand on it. He put more weight on the leg in the back, fell backward, and managed to hurt his elbow and chest even though he wore elbow pads and a helmet. That elbow gave him slight problems throughout the years.
- Chris jokingly calls people that are non-skaters “civilians”.
- He was only 16 years old when he uploaded his 1st video to YouTube.
- Growing up, Pierce Brosnan‘s James Bond was his childhood inspiration. He occupied his time re-enacting scenes from the movie GoldenEye (1995).
- According to him, before he became a YouTuber, he was very insecure and introverted, possibly because he was picked on a lot during middle school.
- Chris made a joke video where he tried out the NoFap challenge, which meant he wouldn’t mast*rbate for 30 days. The video was based on truth, and on the experiences people reported – being in a much better mood, having more time for other things, and finding new hobbies. However, he took it to the extreme and joked that he became a math genius, kung fu master, could control his muscles individually, levitate, and joined The Avengers.
- Chris’s parents were very supportive of his passion for skating as long as he doesn’t neglect his education. However, he always felt like skateboarding had a priority in his life.
- He was nominated for a Shorty Award in the category “Vlogger of the Year” in 2019.
- Chris became known to a wider audience in 2014, during a game of SKATE. He took on a professional skater, Chris Cole, during the annual Battle of the Berrics skateboarding competition, and won even though he wasn’t a professional nor was he expecting it.
- Back in 2015, Chris gave one of his good friends, Danny Duncan, a birthday gift. It was a cash sum of $3k so he can buy a used car and live out of it. In August 2019, after Danny “made it” in life, he bought Chris a brand new Tesla car as a gift out of gratitude.
- Chris thinks that French girls are the most beautiful girls he’s ever seen.
- Visit his official website @ unsatisfied.co.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Christopher Chann / Instagram