|Cindy McCain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||May 20, 1954|
Cindy McCain is an American businesswoman, philanthropist, and humanitarian who had inherited, in 2000, majority control of Hensley & Co., one of the largest beer distributors in the United States. She is, however, better known for being a key figure in her late husband John McCain’s presidential election campaign in 2008. She has been active in the field of philanthropy and has served on the boards of several charitable institutions such as Operation Smile, CARE, and HALO Trust.
Cindy Lou Hensley
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Arizona, United States
Cindy had graduated, in 1972, from the Central High School in Phoenix. She had then joined the University of Southern California and had graduated from there, in 1976, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in education. 2 years later, from the same university, she had earned a Master of Arts degree in special education.
Businesswoman, Philanthropist, Humanitarian
- Father – James ‘Jim’ Willis Hensley (Businessman, Founder of Hensley & Co., Former Soldier, World War II Veteran) (d. June 21, 2000)
- Mother – Marguerite ‘Smitty’ Hensley (née Johnson) (d. October 11, 2006)
- Others – Jessie Hensley (Paternal Grandmother), James L. Hensley (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Ann Hensley Portalski (Older Half-Sister), Dixie L. Burd (Older Half-Sister), Joseph ‘Joe’ Pinckney McCain II (Brother-in-Law) (Stage Actor), Jean Alexandra ‘Sandy’ McCain (Sister-in-Law) (d. November 6, 2019), John Sidney ‘Jack’ McCain Jr. (Father-in-Law) (Admiral in the US Navy) (d. March 22, 1981), Roberta McCain (née Wright) (Mother-in-Law) (d. October 12, 2020), Ben Domenech (Son-in-Law) (Writer, Editor, Political Commentator), Renee Swift McCain (Daughter-in-Law)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cindy has dated –
- John McCain (1979–2018) – Cindy had first met American politician and former US Navy officer John McCain in April 1979, at a military reception in Hawaii, and they began dating soon after. They got married on May 17, 1980, at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix. They had 3 children together – a daughter named Meghan McCain (b. October 23, 1984) (Columnist, Author, TV Personality), and 2 sons named John ‘Jack’ Sidney McCain IV (b. May 2, 1986) (Navy Lieutenant) and James ‘Jimmy’ McCain (b. May 21, 1988). They had adopted a girl, later named Bridget McCain, in 1991, during a visit to Bangladesh. Through Meghan, she has a granddaughter named Liberty Sage McCain Domenech (b. September 2020). She has 3 step-children from John’s previous marriage – a daughter named Sidney McCain and 2 stepsons named Andrew McCain and Douglas McCain. Cindy and John were together until his death on August 25, 2018, due to brain cancer.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Swedish descent on her mother’s side.
- Affable smile
- Side-parted, neck-length hair
- Radiant face
Cindy McCain Facts
- While Cindy was studying at the University of Southern California, she had participated in a movement therapy pilot program that eventually paved the way for a standard methodology to treat children with severe disabilities.
- Influenced by this, she had chosen to work for about a year as a special education teacher, instead of joining her family business.
- In 1988, she had founded a non-profit organization called ‘American Voluntary Medical Team’ which would help organize trips by medical professionals to disaster/war-affected areas.
- She was inducted into the ‘Arizona Women’s Hall of Fame’ in 2019.
Featured Image by Cindy McCain / Instagram