|Coby Bell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||May 11, 1975|
Coby Bell is an American actor, musician, singer, producer, and songwriter. He is best known for his roles in TV series such as Third Watch (1999-2005) as Tyrone Davis, Burn Notice (2010-2013) as Jesse Porter, The Game (2006-2015) as Jason Pitts, and The Gifted (2017-2019) as Jace Turner.
Coby Scott Bell
Colby, Cobins Robins Rue, CobyDope
Anaheim, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Coby graduated with honors from the San José State University in San Jose, California, United States in 1997. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts.
Actor, Producer, Songwriter, Musician, Singer
- Father – Michel W. Bell (Broadway Actor, Singer)
- Mother – Kathy A. (née Lathrop) Bell (Teacher, Geriatrics Social Worker)
- Siblings – He has an older brother and another brother.
Coby Bell is represented by –
- A3 Artists Agency (Talent Agent Theatrical, Commercial, Personal Appearance) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Barbara Stark Management (Manager) in Calabasas, California, United States
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Coby Bell has dated –
- Aviss Pinkney-Bell (2001-Present) – He married Aviss Pinkney-Bell, who worked with autistic children and owned an arts-and-crafts play space for kids named Look What I Made, on June 9, 2001. They have 4 children – girl twins Serrae and Jaena (b. June 21, 2003), and girl/boy twins, son Eli and daughter Quinn (b. December 2, 2008). Eli weighed 6 lbs or just over 2.5 kg at birth, while Quinn weighted 5 lbs or just over 2 kg.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Black)
He is of African-American descent on his paternal side and of English descent on his maternal side.
He keeps his head clean-shaven.
In the past, he supported a charity organization Big Brothers of America through mentoring underprivileged youths, called Little Brothers and Little Sisters.
Coby Bell Favorite Things
Source – Instagram
Coby Bell Facts
- He is represented by the same manager as the actress Kylee Mains.
- His dad used to bring Coby and his older brother to the field when he sang the national anthem at a Los Angeles Angels game.
- Coby shares his birthday with Jeffrey Donovan, his co-star in the TV series Burn Notice, although Jeffrey is 7 years his senior.
- He played soccer growing up but switched to basketball in the 8th grade.
- His father and grandfather suffer from bad backs. Coby’s own back started giving him trouble in high school.
- During the time he went to San Jose State University, he worked for the university’s administration building as a parking lot janitor.
- He sang and played keyboards in a reggae/ska band that consisted of cast members from the TV series Third Watch.
- After college, Coby considered having a career in either music or acting. While he was auditioning, he started taking classes to become a security guard to pay the bills.
- He lived in New York City, New York in the early 2000s.
- Coby used to listen to composer and pianist Duke Ellington on his way to work in 2013.
- If he accepts a job in a city outside of Los Angeles, it is always under the stipulation that he can fly back to see his family on the weekend.
- He has a very strong relationship with a kid he mentored for Big Brothers of America. They continued to see each other regularly after Coby’s mandatory mentorship period ended.
- Coby goes to the gym “not to win a muscle contest” but because he doesn’t want to “look like a fluffy mess on TV” and so he can keep up with his kids.
- He typically does push-ups in sets of 22 or 11. His goal is often to hit 110 or 88 push-ups with 30 seconds to 1-minute rest. He also does a lot of sit-ups at home.
- In his free time, besides basketball, Coby plays tennis, goes cycling, and does cardio on a VersaClimber or StairMaster machine at the gym.
Featured Image by Coby Bell / Instagram