|Colin Hanks Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1977|
Colin Hanks is an American actor, director, and producer. He is known for his roles in Orange County, King Kong, The House Bunny, The Great Buck Howard, Jumanji film series, Roswell, Band of Brothers, Dexter, Fargo, The Good Guys, and Life in Pieces. Colin is the oldest son of the famous actor Tom Hanks. Colin studied at the Loyola Marymount University. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 600k followers on Twitter.
Colin Lewes Dillingham
Sacramento, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Colin Hanks studied at Sacramento Country Day School, in California. For his higher education, he attended Chapman University and later took a transfer to Loyola Marymount University. However, he left before earning a degree.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Tom Hanks (Actor, Filmmaker)
- Mother – Susan Dillingham (Actress, Producer)
- Siblings – Elizabeth Hanks (Younger Sister)
- Others – Rita Wilson (Stepmother) (Actress, Producer, Singer, Songwriter), Chet Hanks (Younger Stepbrother), Truman Hanks (Younger Stepbrother), Sandra Hanks Benoiton (Aunt) (Writer), Larry Hanks (Uncle) (Entomology Professor), Jim Hanks (Uncle) (Actor, Filmmaker), Amos Mefford Hanks (Paternal Grandfather), Ernest Buel/Beauel Hanks (Paternal Great Grandfather), Gladys Hilda Ball (Paternal Great Grandmother), Janet Marylyn Frager (Paternal Grandmother), Clarence Peter Frager (Paternal Great Grandmother), Elexio Norrine Rose (Paternal Great Grandmother), John Raymond “Jerry” Dillingham (Maternal Grandfather), John Raymond Dillingham (Maternal Great Grandfather ), Rena/Renia A. “Rebecca” Sapira (Maternal Great Grandmother), Harriet Hall Collins (Maternal Grandmother), Percy Devereaux/Devereux “Pete” Collins (Maternal Great Grandfather), Margaret Louise McIlvaine (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Colin Hanks is managed by –
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1½ in or 187 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin Hanks has dated –
- Busy Philipps (1997-2000) – From 1997 to 2000, Colin dated actress and host Busy Philipps. The couple dated while they were students at the Loyola Marymount University.
- Rachael Leigh Cook (1998) – Colin reportedly dated actress Rachael Leigh Cook for a short while in 1998.
- Samantha Bryant – In the mid-2000s, Colin began a relationship with former New York publicist Samantha Bryant. The couple met through common friends, but it was not a case of love at first sight. They started off as friends and then lovers. After dating for a while, the couple got engaged in June 2009. The couple tied the knot on the roof of swanky London West Hollywood hotel on May 8, 2010, in Los Angeles. There were around 300 guests including renowned Hollywood names like Steven Spielberg, Reese Witherspoon, Jim Toth, and Alyssa Milano. The couple is blessed with 2 daughters named Olivia Jane Hanks (b. February 1, 2011) and Charlotte Bryant (b. July 2, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Portuguese, Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Cornish, Scottish, Irish, and German descent.
Best Known For
- His numerous roles in films like Orange County as Shaun Brumder (2002), King Kong as Preston (2005), The House Bunny as Oliver (2008), The Great Buck Howard as Troy Gable (2008), and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle as Adult Alex Vreeke (2017)
- His TV roles in series like Roswell as Alexander Charles “Alex” Whitman (1999-2001), Dexter as Travis Marshall (2011), Fargo as Officer Gus Grimly (2014-2015), The Good Guys as Jack Bailey (2010), and Life in Pieces as Greg Short
In 1996, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film That Thing You Do! as Male Page.
In 2014, he lent his voice for the sports film Official 2014 World Series Film.
First TV Show
In 1999, he made his first TV show appearance on the sci-fi series Roswell as Alex Whitman.
In 2011, he made his debut as a voice actor in the animated action-comedy series Robot Chicken as Sam Witwicky / Vanity Smurf.
Colin Hanks Favorite Things
- Personal Project – Orange County (2002), The Great Buck Howard (2008)
- Films – The Big Lebowski (1998), Pulp Fiction (1994), Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Dazed And Confused (1993), and Red Hot Chili Peppers: Funky Monks (1993)
Source – DailyActor.com, Rotten Tomatoes
Colin Hanks Facts
- His mother died of cancer on March 12, 2002.
- His last name was changed to Hanks after the official marriage of his parents in 1978.
- He once had a dog named Taz.
- In 2003, People magazine named him as one of the “25 Hottest Bachelors”.
- His father Tom Hanks also portrayed the role of his father in the film The Great Buck Howard (2008).
- Colin is a huge sports fan and supports teams like San Francisco Giants baseball team, Sacramento Kings basketball team, San Jose Sharks and Los Angeles Kings ice hockey teams, San Francisco 49ers American football team, and Liverpool FC and LAFC soccer teams.
- Both Colin Hanks and his father, Tom Hanks, have appeared as contestants on the “Not My Job” quiz on the National Public Radio show, Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!.
- When Colin was younger, he played bass guitar for a band called “Pontius Pilot” that was named after Pontius Pilate, the Roman prefect who ordered the crucifixion of Jesus.
- Colin collects watches because he’s always late, and had to know exactly how late he was going to be so he can think of a reasonably good excuse.
- He has directed a few documentaries like Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) (2017), All Things Must Pass: The Rise and Fall of Tower Records (2015), and The Anti-Mascot (2014).
- He has also worked as an executive producer in documentaries like In Deep Water (2015) and The Queen of Code (2015).
- Visit his official website @ hankskerchiefs.com.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Colin Hanks / Instagram