|Comethazine Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Comethazine is an American rapper and songwriter who is known for having released a couple of tracks and mixtapes such as Bawskee, Bawskee 2, Bawskee 3.5, Solved the Problem, and Just Saying. He has been a recipient of both positive and negative criticism for his music style and has also garnered an impressive fan base on social media with more than 2 million followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Facebook.
Jahmier Velazquez (Frank Childress)
East St. Louis, St. Clair County, Illinois, United States
Comethazine has been a high school dropout who later joined a night school.
Comethazine is managed by Mateo Dorado.
Hip Hop, Trap, Horrorcore
Hench Mafia, Alamo
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- His anti-melody music style
- Lean body
- Initially, he started releasing his music via SoundCloud, a European online audio distribution platform and music sharing website, as well as through YouTube, the popular video-sharing platform.
- Previously, Comethazine used to work as a mechanic.
- His work has been influenced by the likes of Big Mike, Chief Keef, and Jim Jones.
- He served as an opening act during the 2016 tour of Post Malone, the popular rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer.
- He released his debut mixtape, Bawskee, on August 24, 2018, via Alamo Records and it was placed at number #136 in the Billboard 200 chart.
- His music style i.e. anti-melody is a derivative form of trap music that uses the bass as a source of melody instead of traditional instrumentation.
- His song, Bands, came out in the year 2018 and Comethazine worked with rapper and songwriter, Rich the Kid, for the same.
- He worked along with rapper, songwriter, record producer, model, actor, and music video director, A$AP Rocky, for the single titled “Walk” (2018) and the song was ranked at number #20 in the US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart and also received a Gold certification from RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
- Comethazine’s 3rd mixtape, Bawskee 3.5, was released via Alamo Records and Interscope Records on July 26, 2019, and it comprises of a number of tracks such as Solved the Problem, Hench Mafia, No Evidence, Stand, No Evidence, Find Him!, Just Saying, and Act. The mixtape was also ranked at number #53 in the US Billboard 200 chart as well as at number #26 in the US Top R&B /Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Bawskee 3.5 received a warm response from the audience and Neil Z. Yeung of AllMusic wrote, “listeners in need of another dose of the Bawskee will be pleased with this fresh dozen” while Riley Wallace of HipHopDX said, “While his ultra-violent, gruff, murder raps remain almost painfully consistent, he still manages to experiment with his style and beat selection playfully.”
- Comethazine has seldom faced criticism and accusations for copying the work of other trap artists such as Playboi Carti and Tay-K.
- His songs “Find Him!” and “Solved the Problem” from Bawskee 3.5 also became popular amongst the audience and were ranked at number #33 and #34 in the Official New Zealand Music Chart, respectively.
Featured Image by Comethazine / Instagram