|Damla Sönmez Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1987|
Damla Sönmez is a Turkish actress who is best known for her work in films such as Bornova Bornova (2009), Mahpeyker: Kösem Sultan (2010), Uzun Hikâye (2012), Sen Aydınlatırsın Geceyi (2013), Deniz Seviyesi (2014), Ayla (2017), and Sibel (2018). She is also well recognized for portraying characters in TV series such as Gülşen in Kapıları Açmak (2005), Karamel in Emret Komutanım (2008), Pınar in Gece Gündüz (2008-2009), Turhan in Türkan (2010-2011), Ceylan in Bir Aşk Hikâyesi (2013-2014), and Gülru in Güllerin Savaşı (2014-2016). She has also starred in several Turkish plays and theater musicals.
Damla had graduated from Lycée Saint-Joseph, a private high school in İstanbul after which she was accepted to the Université Paris-Sorbonne, a public research university in Paris. She had studied theatre there for a year before being awarded a scholarship to the Fine Arts Theatre Department at the Yeditepe University, a private foundation university in İstanbul. After graduating from there, she had undergone training in musical instruments such as violin and piano at the Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University in İstanbul. She had later attended Jillian O’Dowd’s Contemporary Acting Workshop at the London Dramatic School of Arts and the Black Nexxus Academy, an acting studio in New York.
- Father – Muammer Sönmez (Architect)
- Mother – Figen Sönmez (Computer Engineer)
She is represented by Önem Günal Management, Talent Management Agency, İstanbul, Turkey.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Damla has dated –
- Özgür Çevik (2015)
- Ushan Çakır (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Circassian descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, wavy hair
- Cryptic smile
- Gleaming face
Damla has been featured in the TV commercials for –
- Orkid (2004)
- LCW – Geri Sayım Başladı (Voice-over) (2016)
- Becel – Kalbini Sev (Voice-over) (2017)
Damla Sönmez Facts
- Damla, for her portrayal of the character of Özlem in the 2009 drama film Bornova Bornova, just her 2nd feature film, had won the ‘Best Supporting Actress’ at the 46th Golden Orange Film Festival. Her work had also been honored at the Sadri Alışık Theatre & Movie Awards and the Flying Broom International Women’s Film Festival.
- In 2015, she had been appointed the ‘Young President’ of the 18th Broom Broom Women Film Festival.
- For portraying the character of Damla, her namesake, in the 2014 romance-drama film Deniz Seviyesi (Across The Sea/Sea Level), she had won the ‘Best Actress’ award at the 21st Golden Boll Film Festival and the Milano International Film Festival (MIFF).
- Apart from her native Turkish language, she is fluent in both English and French.
Featured Image by Damla Sönmez / Instagram