|Darcy Oake Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1987|
|Distinctive Feature||He is bald.|
Darcy Oake is a Canadian illusionist and magician who came to prominence with his incredible performance on “Britain’s Got Talent” in 2014. Thereafter, he amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Twitter, more than 150k followers on Instagram, more than 550k followers on Facebook, and more than 200k subscribers on YouTube.
Darcy studied at St Pauls High School in Winnipeg.
- Father – Scott Oake (Sportscaster)
- Mother – Anne Oake
- Siblings – Bruce Oake (Older Brother)
Darcy is represented by Bruce Allen of Bruce Allen Talent.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Though not much is known about Darcy’s dating life, he does have a girlfriend and also brought her along with him as his assistant to his first performance on Britain’s Got Talent.
Race / Ethnicity
- He is bald.
- He has several tattoos on his arms and chest.
Darcy Oake Facts
- He was raised in Winnipeg, Canada.
- Growing up, Darcy was a shy boy who spent countless hours learning to master tricks in front of a mirror.
- Oake’s passion to do magic began when he was 7 years old after his father had successfully pulled off a card trick. His father was neither an illusionist nor a magician but did it with pure luck.
- Darcy was 18 when he appeared on the “The Magic Castle” in Hollywood and went on to win the much-desired “People’s Choice Gold Medal” in Seattle, Washington.
- In 2014, he auditioned for “Britain’s Got Talent” and made it all the way to “Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions” final in 2019.
- His older brother Bruce passed away in 2011. He had lost his life due to his delicate battle with addiction.
- After having attained his position in the finals, he started an ITV special called Edge of Reality and thrilled audiences around the globe.
- On September 3, 2015, he published a book of his own titled Behind the Illusion: Unlocking the 9 Types of Magic.
- His father Scott Oake is a Gemini award-winning sportscaster for CBC Sports, Sportsnet, and Hockey Night in Canada.
- Despite having attained a significant amount of voter, Darcy finished at #5 position with a total of 8.5% of votes.
- He is the youngest person in history to ever win the “Pacific Rim Professional Stage Challenge” at the age of 16.
- During his first national tour around Canada, he performed at 77 shows in 25 cities. He has also performed in the United Kingdom and Los Angeles.
- It is said that more than 200 million viewers had tuned in to watch his electrifying magic.
- Darcy appeared a guest on America’s Got Talent in 2016. The same year, he was also performed for the Royal Family’s private dinner during “Queen Elizabeth’s 90th birthday celebration.”
- He performed 10 shows in front of a crowd of 20,000 per night at the “Calgary Stampede” in 2018.
- In 2018, he appeared on the famous Penn & Teller: Fool Us.
- He made German model, singer, TV personality, and businesswoman Heidi Klum float mid-air during his performance on “America’s Got Talent: The Champions.”
- He has a dog named Humphrey.
Feature Image By Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada / Flickr / CC BY 2.0