|David Grutman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1974|
David Grutman is an American hospitality entrepreneur who is best known for creating unique and immersive experiential venues across his portfolio of restaurants, hotels, bars, and nightclubs, especially in the area around Miami, Florida. Through his firm, Groot Hospitality, he owns and operates several restaurants including Komodo, Swan, Bar Bevy, OTL, Papi Steak, and Strawberry Moon; and nightclubs including LIV at Fontainebleu and Story. Rolling Stone magazine had listed him as one of the 50 most important people in electronic dance music and hospitality, in 2014.
Naples, Collier County, Florida, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
David, after his high school graduation, had joined the University of Florida, a public land-grant research university in Gainesville, Florida. He had graduated from there in 1997 with a degree in finance.
- Father – Charles Grutman (Former Financial/Banking Executive)
- Mother – Hettie Grutman
In 2020, David Grutman’s net worth was $50 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Isabela Rangel (2016-Present) – David had married Brazilian model, fashion designer, and social media influencer Isabela Rangel in 2016. They have 2 daughters together named Kaia Sof Grutman (b. 2017) and Vida Grutman.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a rugged beard
David Grutman Facts
- David, after he graduated from the University of Florida, was advised by his father, who was then president of SunTrust Banks, Inc., to return to his hometown of Naples and pursue a career in the title insurance business. He had, however, fallen in love with Miami and had secured a job as a bartender at a local mall.
- There he had made an acquaintance with the mall’s owner, Donald Soffer, and his son, Jeffrey. The Soffers had helped him take his first steps in the world of hospitality.
- He had opened a nightclub called LIV at Fontainebleu in 2008 after he had received tremendous acclaim for his prior work in founding the Miami Marketing Group which had specialized in merging the fields of nightlife and entertainment. LIV at Fontainebleu soon gained a lot of buzz and its clientele included Hollywood A-listers, musicians, and world-famous athletes. The venue was the 5th highest-grossing nightclub in the United States in 2014 and has maintained its status as one of the highest-grossing nightclubs in the United States for several years.
- In 2021, he and singer-songwriter Pharrell Williams had collaborated to launch The Goodtime Hotel, David’s first enterprise in the hotel industry. The facility was launched in April 2021 and includes a restaurant and pool club based on a tropical theme.
- Other than his hospitality business, he is the creative director and co-owner of Prince, an athletics and lifestyle company. He also teaches a guest class/seminar titled The Dave Grutman Experience at the Florida International University through which he explains to young students what it takes to create a high-quality hospitality business venture.
- He is an avid tennis player and is known to practice every day of the week.
Featured Image by David Grutman / Instagram