|David Koechner Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1962|
David Koechner is an American actor, comedian, writer, and producer who is widely recognized for portraying roles like Champ Kind in the Anchorman movies (2004) and Todd Packer on NBC’s The Office (2005-2013). David has amassed more than 120k followers on Instagram.
David Michael Koechner
Dave Koechner, T-Bones
Tipton, Missouri, United States
He went to Benedictine College and the University of Missouri, studying Political Science and majoring in the subject at the latter before eventually deciding to pursue a career in improvisational comedy and thereby moving to Chicago. He attended Chicago’s ImprovOlympic, and joined The Second City comedy troupe, graduating in 1994.
Actor, Comedian, Writer, Producer
- Father – Cecil Stephen Koechner
- Mother – Margaret Ann
- Siblings – Mark (Brother), Joe (Brother), Mary-Rose (Sister), Cecilia (Sister), Joan (Sister)
He has been represented by Nice One Productions, Inc.
His net worth was $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Koechner has dated –
- Leigh Koechner (1998-2020) – He had tied the knot with Leigh on June 27, 1998. They got separated in 2020. They have five kids together, three of them being daughters named Margot, Audrey, and Eve and two being sons named Charlie and Sargent.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, German, and English descent.
- Expressive eyes
- Tall stature
- Thick eyebrows
- Thin lips
- Tattoos of the names of his wife and children on his right upper arm
David Koechner Favorite Things
Source – Instagram
David Koechner Facts
- He has affirmed that while his face has been familiar to millions, the same has not been the case for his name. When people on the street have seen him they have started shouting and pointing to him saying they know him always pronouncing his last name incorrectly. His family has said “Keck-ner,” that has been the way it is uttered in Germany. David has noticed that apparently, nowhere else in the English language has “oe” made the short “e” sound, except for his moniker. He has concluded that when people have come across his name, they have looked at it and understood they would most likely mispronounce it and ended up not uttering it. He has hope they would want to learn it.
- Koechner has often essayed brash, loudmouth characters.
- David has recalled that Wag The Dog (1997) was his first film role and he had 3 scenes in it. However, it had taken three weeks to film them with him having shot just one day every week. His first scene on the first day was a walk-and-talk one, with Steadicam, and when it had started, one of his lines got jumped, and he did not know what to do. He had been flabbergasted but had gone on to learn that that was the way movie-making went with nobody asking if the actor was ready or not. It is assumed he is when the word “Action!” is said.
- Koechner has the rare distinction of appearing in two films that opened on the same day in the United States, namely Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006) and Barnyard (2006).
Featured Image by David Koechner / Instagram