|David Pastrňák Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1996|
David Pastrňák is a Czech professional ice hockey player who has represented, as a winger, the Boston Bruins (2014-15-Present) in the National Hockey League (NHL). He was picked 25th overall in the 1st round by the Boston Bruins in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. In both 2019 and 2020, he was included in the annual ‘NHL All-Star Game’ and was named the ‘NHL All-Star Game MVP’ in 2020. At the international level, representing the Czech Republic, he had won the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament and the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2014 IIHF (International Ice Hockey Federation) World Under-18 Championships. He had also helped the country to a 5th place finish at the 2016 IIHF World Championship. From 2017 to 2020, he had won the ‘Golden Hockey Stick’, an award presented annually to the top Czech ice hockey player. He had become the youngest player to achieve this honor, in 2017. In 2020, he had won the ‘Czech Sportsperson of the Year’ award.
Havířov, Karviná, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic
He splits his time between Prague, Czech Republic, and Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Milan Pastrňák (d. May 2013)
- Mother – Marcela Pastrňáková
- Siblings – Jakub Pastrňák (Older Brother)
88 – Boston Bruins
6 ft or 183 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Rebecca Rohlsson (2018-Present) – David had started dating a Swedish woman named Rebecca Rohlsson in July 2018. They had a son together named Viggo Rohl Pastrnak (b. June 17, 2021). Unfortunately, he had passed away 6 days later, from unknown medical causes.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Czech descent.
- Toned physique
- Tousled, overgrown, wavy hair
- Sports a rugged beard
- Has his right hand covered in tattoos
David Pastrňák Facts
- David’s father, Milan, who had succumbed to cancer in 2013, had always wanted him to pursue ice hockey as a professional career. He had stated in an interview that his father’s demise had motivated him to train harder so that he could fulfill this dream.
- During the 2011–12 season, he had led the Czech Under-18 League in goals (41), game-winning goals (11), and points (68).
- In March 2015, he had become the youngest player in the history of the Boston Bruins franchise to score an overtime, game-winning goal in regular-season play. At the end of the season, he was one of just 2 players who were selected in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft to have played in more than 40 NHL games.
- In February 2016, he had become the youngest player in the history of the Boston Bruins franchise to score a penalty shot goal. The goal was scored just 4 minutes into the game.
- In April 2018, he had become the youngest player in NHL history to score 6 points in a single playoff game, beating the legendary Wayne Gretzky‘s record.
- In January 2019, he had become the all-time leader for most goals scored before the age of 23 for the Boston Bruins.
- In the 2019–20 NHL season, he had scored a league-best 48 goals, making him the first Boston Bruins player to win the Maurice ‘Rocket’ Richard Trophy since its institution in 1999.
Featured Image by David Pastrňák / Instagram