|Dawn Robinson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 24, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dawn Robinson is an American singer who is best known for her work with the R&B/pop group En Vogue, one of the world’s best-selling girl groups of all time. She was one of the founding members of the group in 1989 and had been a part of the band until 1997. She had then joined the American R&B supergroup, Lucy Pearl, in 1999. With them, she had released a self-titled album in 2000 that had been certified ‘Platinum’ worldwide. In January 2002, she had released her debut solo studio album titled Dawn. Over the course of her career, she has sold a combined total of more than 11 million records globally. Besides her career as a musician, she has played cameo roles in films such as Another 48 Hrs. (1990), Batman Forever (1995), The Last Request (2006), and Queen of Media (2010). She has also appeared as ‘herself’ in TV shows such as In Living Color (1993), Sesame Street (1993), A Different World (1993), and R&B Divas: Los Angeles (2013).
Dawn Sherrese Robinson
New London, Connecticut, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dawn had attended the Oakland High School, a public school in Oakland, California. She had graduated, in 1984, from the San Leandro High School, a public school in San Leandro, California. After her high school graduation, she had joined the International College Of Cosmetology, a premier beauty school in Oakland.
- Father – John W. Robinson (d. 2014)
- Mother – Barbara Alexander
- Siblings – She has 2 younger siblings.
R&B, Soul, Dance Pop, Hip Hop, Rock, Neo Soul, Funk
- Atlantic Recording Corporation
- East West Records
- EMI Group Limited
- Interscope Records
- Aftermath Entertainment
- Virgin Records
- Beyond Records
Dawn Robinson’s net worth had been $5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dawn has dated –
- Dre Allen (2003–2010) – Dawn had married actor, singer, songwriter, music video director, and producer Andre ‘Dre’ Allen on May 24, 2003. The couple had parted ways in 2010.
- Christopher Nils Connolly (2012-2017)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Curvaceous figure
- Ever-changing hairstyle
- Radiant face
- Plump lips
Dawn Robinson Facts
- Dawn was interested in music from a very young age used to sing in the choir at the AME Zion Church in her home state of Connecticut. She had soon started to record her music in a studio for which she would often travel to the neighboring state of Massachusetts.
- While she was in middle school, her mother had taken her to a concert where renowned singer and songwriter Stephanie Mills was performing. After the concert, her mother had given a tape of Dawn’s music to Stephanie’s band to get their feedback. The band had advised her mother to send her to California.
- In 1980, Dawn had moved to California and had lived with an older cousin. By 1981, her mother and sister had joined her in California, settling down in the city of Oakland.
- Before joining the R&B/pop group En Vogue, she used to work as a checkout girl at an outlet of Safeway Inc., an American supermarket chain.
Featured Image by Dawn Robinson / Instagram