|Deanna Dunagan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 25, 1940|
Deanna Dunagan is an American actor and theatre artist who is best known for playing Violet Weston in Tracy Letts’ August: Osage County, a performance that won her a Tony Award, Theatre World Award, Drama Desk Award, and an Outer Critics Circle Award. Deanna is also known for her roles like Nana in the found-footage comedy-horror film The Visit, Alice in the police procedural crime drama series Unforgettable, Dr. Willa Sipe in the political thriller film An Acceptable Loss, Mother Bernadette in the supernatural horror series The Exorcist, Sharon in the crime drama film Stillwater, Mrs. Charles in the medical drama series Chicago Med, and Judy Pope in the serial drama series Prison Break.
Monahans, Ward County, Texas, United States
Deanna Dunagan studied at the University of Texas at Austin and received a degree in music education.
She also attended Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas.
Actor, Theatre Actor
- Father – John Conrad Dunagan (Coca-Cola Bottler, President of the Texas Historical Association)
- Mother – Kathlyn (Cosper)
- Siblings – She has 4 younger siblings.
Deanna Dunagan has been signed with International Creative Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Deanna Dunagan has dated –
- Charles Whitman – She was romantically involved with Charles Whitman, the infamous “Texas Tower Sniper”, for a short period during her college years.
- Deanna Dunagan was married to her high school sweetheart and they were blessed with a son. However, the marriage eventually ended after a few years.
- She once got engaged to a bullfighter but they never married.
Race / Ethnicity
Deanna Dunagan Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Monahans, Texas, United States.
- Once describing her extended family in an interview, Deanna Dunagan said, “My heritage is a long line of Southern Baptist and Methodist preachers. And aren’t they all just frustrated actors?”.
- Her Broadway debut came as an understudy for Ann Sachs in the 1979 production of George Bernard Shaw’s Man and Superman at Circle in the Square in Manhattan.
- Over the years, she has been cast in a number of other theatre productions including Children of a Lesser God, A Touch of the Poet, Stepping Out, Coriolanus, I Never Sang for My Father, Inspecting Carol, Bounce, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, James Joyce’s The Dead, Still Waters, Private Passage, A Lie of the Mind, August: Osage County, The Best Man, A Little Night Music, Other Desert Cities, and Marvin’s Room.
- She played the recurring role of Alice Wells, Carrie’s mother who has early-onset Alzheimer’s disease, in the CBS police procedural crime drama series Unforgettable in 2011.
- In November 2012, Deanna Dunagan appeared as Dr. Vivian Carlsmith in an episode titled Apron Strings of the medical drama television series Private Practice.
- Alongside Olivia DeJonge, Ed Oxenbould, Peter McRobbie, and Kathryn Hahn, Deanna co-starred as Marja Bella Jamison (Claire), also known as “Nana”, in the 2015 found-footage comedy horror film The Visit. This role won her the Fright Meter Award for “Best Supporting Actress” while she was also nominated for a Fangoria Chainsaw Award in the “Best Supporting Actress” category.
- In 2018, she played Dr. Willa Sipe in the political thriller film An Acceptable Loss. Her co-stars for the project included Tika Sumpter, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ben Tavassoli, and Jeff Hephner.
- Deanna Dunagan appeared as Sharon in the 2021 crime drama film Stillwater, starring Matt Damon, Camille Cottin, and Abigail Breslin.