|Deron Williams Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 26, 1984|
Deron Williams is an American former professional basketball player who had represented the Utah Jazz (2005–2011), the New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets (2011–2015), the Dallas Mavericks (2015–2017), and the Cleveland Cavaliers (2017) in the National Basketball Association (NBA), as a point guard. He had been picked 3rd overall in the 1st round of the 2005 NBA Draft by the Utah Jazz. He had also turned out for Beşiktaş J.K. of the Turkish Basketball League during the 2011 NBA lockout. Representing the United States, he had won the ‘Gold’ medal at both the 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics.
Deron Michael Williams
Parkersburg, Wood County, West Virginia, United States
New York, United States
Deron had attended The Colony High School (TCHS), a public school in the city of The Colony, Texas. After his high school graduation, he had joined the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, a public land-grant research university in Illinois in the twin cities of Champaign and Urbana. Between 2002 and 2005, he had represented their Illinois Fighting Illini basketball team. He had declared for the NBA Draft after the 2005 season, forgoing his final year of collegiate eligibility.
Professional Basketball Player (Retired)
- Father – Byron Williams
- Mother – Denise Smith
- Siblings – Kendall Jones (Younger Brother)
- 8 – Utah Jazz, New Jersey/Brooklyn Nets, Dallas Mavericks, Beşiktaş J.K
- 31 – Cleveland Cavaliers
Deron Williams’ net worth had been $65 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
91 kg or 200.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Deron has dated –
- Amy Young (2000–2020) – Deron had started dating his childhood sweetheart Amy Young in 2000 while they were still in high school. They had known each other since second grade. They eventually got married in 2006 and have 4 children together – 2 daughters named Denae Williams (b. February 18, 2003) and Daija Williams (b. July 22, 2006), and 2 sons named Deron Williams Jr. (b. May 31, 2009) and Desmond Matthew Williams (b. March 10, 2011). The couple had parted ways in 2020.
- Darcie McClellan (2021–Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and White)
He is of African-American and Anglo-American descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
- Has tattoos on both his hands
Deron has served as the brand ambassador for –
- Nike, Inc.
- Red Bull
Deron Williams Facts
- Deron, during his time in elementary school and middle school, had won two state wrestling championships. In 1993, aged 8, he had won the Texas State Championship in the 67 lbs weight class. In 1997, he had won the title in the 116 lbs weight class. He had taken to basketball only when he had reached high school.
- In 2005, his junior year at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, he had led his college basketball team to the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) championship game where they had lost out to the University of North Carolina.
- After the end of the 2004–05 collegiate season, he had been named the ‘University of Illinois Athlete of the Year’.
- He was included in the ‘NBA All-Rookie First Team’ in 2006 and was included in the ‘NBA All-Star Game’ for 3 years in a row (2010, 2011, 2012).
Featured Image by Deron Williams / Instagram