|Eileen Gu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 2003|
Eileen Gu is an American-born freestyle skier who came into the limelight after beginning to compete for China in 2019. She cemented her fame by becoming the first freeskier to bag two golds at the FIS Freeski World Championship, having achieved the feat in 2021, in Freeski Halfpipe and Freeski Slopestyle. Eileen has amassed more than 220k followers on Instagram.
Eileen Feng Gu
San Francisco, California, United States
She began going to free-skiing school at the age of 8. She had attended San Francisco University High School.
- Mother – Yan Gu (Skier)
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
She is of American descent on her father’s side of the family and of Chinese descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Fuller lips
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Tiffany & Co.
Eileen Gu Favorite Things
- Movement – Black Lives Matter
Source – Wikipedia.org
Eileen Gu Facts
- She was born to a first-generation immigrant mother.
- She has affirmed that her mother had been passionate about skiing and had taken part in the sport for the first time at Hunter Mountain, with her interest having only deepened after relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area. She had put young Eileen in ski classes at Lake Tahoe so that her daughter would be able to keep up with her. It was her mother, who had accidentally created an expert skier.
- Eileen has revealed that she had been thinking about competing for China ever since she had turned 11 years old when the announcement had been made that the Olympics would be held in China. China had set an aim of putting 300 million people on snow in order to raise awareness for snow sports and just succeeding in inspiring people to begin trying has been one of her biggest goals. She used to look up to all American or Canadian skiers, and then see a sharp contrast in China where the sport did not exist at a professional level. She started to crave representation and get more people excited to pick up the sport in China also as it brought her so much more than trophies.
- She has gone to Beijing every summer since the age of 2, made friends there and grasped the culture from an early age having realized it to have led her to become more open to learning about other cultures and accepting differences. She has become malleable with everything from skiing to the fashion spheres, or growing up in an all-girls institution and then suddenly being the only girl in an all-boys ski team.
- Gu has stated that skiing has built immense confidence for her when she has seen what her body is capable of. Every time she has mastered a new trick, it is difficult not from the physical standpoint but as she has to overcome her mind and make her body do something it has never done before. When breaking her own mental and physical boundaries, she has been euphoric and experienced one of the most incredible feelings that has made her feel empowered.
Featured Image by Eileen Gu / Instagram