|Elisabeth Shue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 1963|
|Spouse||Philip Davis Guggenheim|
Elisabeth Shue is an acclaimed American actress of the 1980s and 1990s who starred in commercial hits such as The Karate Kid (1984), Back to the Future II & III (1989, 1990), Leaving Las Vegas (1995), The Saint (1997), and Hollow Man (2000). She is also best known for playing Julie Finlay in CSI (2012–2015).
Elisabeth Judson Shue
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She belongs to the class of 1981 at Columbia High School in Maplewood, New Jersey. Her name is listed in her alma mater’s hall of fame.
Elisabeth enrolled in Wellesley College for a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and transferred to Harvard University in 1985. However, she didn’t complete her studies there in order to pursue her acting career. 15 years later, she returned to Harvard to complete her pending course and graduated in 2000.
- Father – James William Shue aka Jim (Lawyer / Public Defender, Real Estate Developer, One time Congressional Candidate)
- Mother – Anne Brewster née Wells now Anne Harms (Former Vice-President of Chemical Banking Corporation)
- Siblings – William Brewster Shue (Older Brother) (Expired in 1988 at the age of 26 due to an accident) (Was a Medical student at the time of his death), Andrew Eppley Shue (Younger Brother) (Actor, Entrepreneur), John Shue (Younger Brother) (Managing Director at Harvard Management Company)
- Others – Jenna Shue (Younger Half-Sister), Harvey Shue (Younger Half-Brother), Charles Eli Guggenheim (Father-in-Law) (Director, Producer), Marion Streett (Mother-in-Law), Holly Anne Kloss (Stepmother), Amy Joanne Robach (Sister-in-Law) (TV Presenter/News Correspondent), Jody Buonanno Shue (Sister-in-Law), Jonathan Guggenheim (Brother-in-Law) (Art Director), Grace Guggenheim (Sister-in-Law) (Film and Television Producer). She has 4 nephews and 2 nieces, and also became an aunt to Amy’s 2 daughters from her first marriage before she married Elisabeth’s brother Andrew.
Elisabeth is represented by –
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
- Management 360
- Stephen Huvane, Slate PR (Publicist)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elisabeth has dated –
- Rick James (1980s) – Rumor
- Val Kilmer (1996) – Rumor
- Philip Davis Guggenheim aka Davis (1994–Present) – The couple got married in 1994 and has 3 children together – a son named Miles William (b. November 1997) and 2 daughters named Stella Street (b. March 2001), and Agnes Charles (b. June 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She has German ancestry on her father’s side and English ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Deep-set, hooded eyes
- Toned arms
- Known for her girl-next-door image in the 1980s and 1990s
In the early 1980s, Elisabeth got her acting break by getting cast in national commercials for Burger King, DeBeers Diamonds, Best Foods (Hellmann’s Mayonnaise).
Elisabeth Shue Favorite Things
- Smell – Chocolate Chip cookies in the oven
- Word – Inquisitive
- Book – The Power of Now (1997) by Eckhart Tolle
- Sport – Tennis, Soccer
- Movie – Ordinary People (1980)
- Healthy Snack – Rice cakes with apple spread or almond butter
- Beverage – Water with Emergen-C powdered supplements, Honest Tea
Source – The Guardian, PalmSpringsLife.com, MPR News, Web MD
Elisabeth Shue Facts
- Her parents got divorced when she was studying in 4th grade.
- Influenced by her father and 3 brothers who were massive fans of soccer as well as competent players, from the age of 9 to 13, Elisabeth was the only girl playing in her home town year-round soccer leagues.
- While completing her studies, she started auditioning for TV commercials as a way to pay her bills through college. That experience helped Elisabeth gain bigger acting opportunities including her feature film debut in the cult classic, The Karate Kid (1984) due to which she dropped out of college right before the beginning of her last semester.
- She produced the film Gracie (2007) to honor the memory of her deceased older brother. The story of the film was inspired by her childhood experiences as a tomboy soccer player.
- The actress enjoys playing tennis and claims the sport is her main source of exercise. She also practices yoga and gymnastics.
- She was considered for the role of Vivian Ward in Pretty Woman (1990), eventually bagged by Julia Roberts.
- Elisabeth declined the offer of the lead role in the acclaimed drama The Good Wife (2009–2016).
Featured Image by David Shankbone / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0
The post Elisabeth Shue Height, Weight, Age, Body Statistics appeared first on Healthy Celeb.