|Elisabetta Canalis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 12, 1978|
Elisabetta Canalis is an Italian actress, model, and television presenter who is widely recognized for her stunning looks and impeccable physique. She is well-known in Italy for her television work and hosting the annual song contest Sanremo Music Festival in 2011 and 2012. But, she received worldwide attention in 2009 as the girlfriend of Hollywood actor George Clooney. After her split from Clooney, Elisabetta tested her dancing skills on the reality show Dancing with the Stars in 2011. She has achieved considerable success as a fitness enthusiast and model. She regularly keeps in touch with her fanbase of over 3 million followers on Instagram and around 2 million followers on Twitter.
Sassari, Sardinia, Italy
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Elisabetta studied Foreign Languages at the University of Milan but left her studies midway after she found work as a dancer.
Actress, Model, Television Presenter
- Father – Cesare Canalis (Radiologist)
- Mother – Bruna Canalis (Italian Teacher)
- Siblings – Luigi Canalis (Brother) (Radiologist)
Elisabetta is represented by –
- Celebrity Network Management in Germany
- Arcobaleno Tre in Italy
- 3Sixty Management in Italy
- Jenine Leigh-Pollard in the United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elisabetta Canalis has dated –
- Christian Vieri (2001-2004) – Elisabetta was in a relationship with Italian footballer Christian Vieri from 2001 to 2004. Vieri played as a center forward for the football club Inter Milan at that time. During their courtship, the duo got engaged but Christian’s womanizing ways ultimately led to their break up in 2004. Nevertheless, Elisabetta visited Vieri and his partner Costanza Caracciolo in 2018 and congratulated the new parents on the birth of their daughter, Stella.
- Gabriele Muccino (2006) – Italian film director Gabriele Muccino was seen canoodling with Elisabetta at a beach in July 2006. Muccino is known for directing the 2006 drama The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith. However, their romance seemed to have fizzled out 2 months later in September of that year.
- Niccolò Minardi (2007) – Elisabetta was involved with real estate agent Niccolò Minardi from May to July 2007.
- Valentino Rossi (2007) – Soon after, the gorgeous model was rumored to be dating Italian motorcycle racer, Valentino Rossi.
- Reginaldo Ferreira da Silva (2008) – In 2008, Elisabetta was in a highly-publicized relationship with Brazilian footballer Reginaldo Ferreira da Silva. The couple dated from April to October 2008 during which Reginaldo was referred to as Elisabetta’s latest arm candy by the media. Their courtship lasted for over 6 months and it was Canalis who pulled the plug on their relationship.
- George Clooney (2009-2011) – Elisabetta shot to instant global fame after she began dating Oscar-winning actor George Clooney in 2009. Reports of their romance began surfacing in July 2009 after the duo were seen enjoying a bike ride together in Italy. George had allegedly asked mutual friends to introduce the two after watching her on Italian television. The couple made their first official appearance in September during the premiere of Clooney’s film The Men Who Stare at Goats at the Venice Film Festival. George, Hollywood’s resident bachelor, had famously stated that he would never get married and have kids but the media relentlessly attacked the couple with rumors of an impending wedding. After almost 2 years together, the couple announced their split in a joint statement in June 2011. Elisabetta congratulated Clooney in February 2017 after hearing that he was expecting twins with his wife Amal Alamuddin, proving that there was no bad blood between the ex-flames.
- Brent Bolthouse (2011) – The next man to enter Elisabetta’s life, following her high-profile split, was Brent Bolthouse. Brent, a businessman was seen getting cozy with the Italian beauty in September 2011.
- Mehcad Brooks (2011) – American actor Mehcad Brooks was rumored to be dating Elisabetta in the latter half of 2011. The True Blood star and Canalis were spotted enjoying a romantic dinner in Los Angeles. Both were photographed together on several occasions but remained coy about their romantic status. Their short-term romance lasted from October to December 2011.
- Steve-O (2012) – At the start of 2012, Elisabetta found love again in the arms of Jackass star Steve-O (Stephen Gilchrist Glover). Although the couple deeply cared for each other, recovering addict Steve-O struggled to cope with the partying lifestyle that Elisabetta was famous for. He finally ended things with his girlfriend of under 4 months to focus on his sobriety.
- Brian Perri (2013-Present) – Elisabetta found her dream man when she met American orthopedic surgeon Brian Perri in 2013. After getting engaged in August 2014, the couple exchanged wedding vows in a Sassari Cathedral in her hometown of Sardinia on September 14, 2014. Elisabetta walked down the aisle in a beautiful wedding gown designed by Alessandro Angelozzi. Italian singer Bianca Atzei sang a rendition of Ave Maria in the local Sardinian dialect. Elisabetta had suffered a miscarriage in June 2014 but fortunately, the couple welcomed a baby girl named Skyler Eva Perri on September 29, 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Italian ancestry.
- Bright smile
- A tattoo of the rapper Eminem on her right bicep which she later covered up with a band of roses, ‘Pain is Love’ on her right forearm, a tiny lizard on her right foot, and a tattoo on her left forearm that reads ‘Together Alone’ with a rose underneath it
Elisabetta Canalis has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Tissot (2002)
- DonnaOro Jewels (2010) (Print ads)
- Auping Bed Mattress
- Ferrero Giotto
- Roberto Cavalli
- Talco (Clothing brand)
- Vic & Angelo’s
- Alevi Milano (Shoe brand)
- Pandora Jewelry
- Flora Bridal
- Hollywood Milano (Disco club in Milan)
- Lancia Musa 5th Avenue
- Philipp Plein
- Deha (Sportswear brand)
- Miss Bikini
- CeraVe Skincare
- STRONG by Zumba
Best Known For
- Being the girlfriend of Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney from 2009 till 2011 during which time she earned global recognition
- Her work as a fitness and glamor model and her n*de appearances on the cover of various Italian magazines
In 2005, Elisabetta made her theatrical film debut as a ‘Lady in Castle’ in the s*x comedy Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo.
First TV Show
Elisabetta made her first TV show appearance as a dancer in the Italian satirical comedy series Striscia la notizia (Strip the News) in 1999.
Elisabetta has always maintained an active lifestyle by combining her favorite hobbies with her fitness goals. She appeared on Dancing with the Stars in 2011 and trained extensively for up to 6 hours a day for 7 days a week. Even during her pregnancy in 2015, she was motivated to remain fit, active, and healthy. Her pregnancy diet secrets and workout routine can be seen here.
The stunning model enjoys mixing up her workout routine and trains almost daily in different disciplines such as kickboxing, swimming, horseback riding, yoga, CrossFit, and Krav Maga (Israeli military self-defense training). Additionally, Elisabetta also dedicates 1 hour to Strong by Zumba, a high-intensity training program that combines cardio-intensive exercises like squats, punches, and burpees to the beat of party music.
Furthermore, the glamorous beauty isn’t one to believe in diets but rather eats everything in moderation and supplements it with a rigorous fitness program. Her diet includes lots of carbohydrates and proteins and healthier alternatives like coconut oil, organic and hormone-free red meat, and Thai or Basmati rice seasoned extra virgin olive oil.
Elisabetta Canalis Favorite Things
- Genre Of Music – Hip Hop
- Actress – Maria Pia Calzone
- Dish – Shrimp pasta with garlic and spicy oil
- Skincare Routine – CeraVe moisturizing cream
- Fashion Brands – Diesel Black Gold, Elisabetta Franchi
- Workout – STRONG by Zumba
Source – IMDb, Instagram, Shape.com, Instagram, Grazia Italy, Elle Italy
Elisabetta Canalis Facts
- In September 2011, Elisabetta participated in the 13th season of the reality show Dancing with the Stars alongside Valentin Chmerkovskiy. However, she got eliminated in the 2nd week of the competition.
- Her ex-boyfriend George Clooney got married to his girlfriend Amal Alamuddin on September 27, 2014, in Venice, Italy. The famous wedding took place a few weeks after Elisabetta’s wedding in Sardinia.
- Her brother Luigi Canalis was named in a Switzerland debt scandal.
- Elisabetta became the Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF Italy in March 2015.
- She unveiled her ‘I’d Rather Go N**ed than Wear Fur’ poster for PETA in September 2011 to much fanfare. However, she has been photographed wearing bags and shoes featuring animal leather on several occasions.
- In March 2011, Elisabetta and George Clooney were named as witnesses in a court case against Silvio Berlusconi (former Italian Prime Minister) who was charged with soliciting s*x from an underage girl.
- Elisabetta was close friends with fellow Italian showgirl Maddalena Corvaglia after meeting her on the set of Striscia la Notizia in 1999. Both played an important role in the other’s wedding, lived close to each other in Los Angeles, and also worked together as business partners. However, the two best friends had a fallout in September 2019.
- Elisabetta had posed n*de for the Italian publication, Max Calendar in 2003. Additionally, she had also appeared n**ed on the cover of GQ with Maddalena Corvaglia in 2002.
- Amongst her hobbies are horseback riding and kickboxing.
- Elisabetta appeared in Italian singer Biagio Antonacci’s music video for the single Convivendo in 2004.
- Elisabetta had lent her support to the Julien Collot Foundation, which focuses on raising awareness and funds for pediatric cancer.
- She is good friends with Italian model Bianca Balti.
- Elisabetta has 3 pet dogs named Piero, Mia, and Megan Kelly. The dogs have an official Instagram account with around 20k followers.
- Visit her official website @ elisabettacanalis.com.
- Follow Elisabetta Canalis on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Elisabetta Canalis / Instagram