|Eliza Scanlen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3.75 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1999|
Eliza Scanlen is an Australian actress, director and screenwriter who came into prominence after playing the recurring role of Tabitha Ford in the Australian soap opera Home and Away (2016). Eliza went on to appear in several other TV shows like the psychological thriller television miniseries on HBO Sharp Objects (2018), where she essayed the part of the disturbed teenager, Amma Crellin, earning critical acclaim for her outstanding performance. Scanlen has been featured in a number of films including the period drama Little Women (2019) and has also performed in various plays such as To Kill a Mockingbird on Broadway, in which she has been portraying the character of Mayella Ewell since 2019. In 2020, Eliza made her directional debut with the short film Mukbang, for which she also penned the screenplay. She is the recipient of many accolades including the Odyssey Award in 2020 for being the “Breakthrough Star”.
Eliza Jane Scanlen
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
She went to Loreto Kirribilli in the suburb of Sydney called Kirribilli, in New South Wales, Australia, finishing her graduation in 2016.
Actress, Director, Screenwriter
- Mother – Susan
- Siblings – Annabel (Fraternal Twin Sister) (Fashion Designer)
She has been represented by Independent Management Company.
5 ft 3.75 in or 162 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Lyon Farrell – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Irish descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
Eliza Scanlen Favorite Things
- Item That Has Put Her In The Best Mood – An album full of screenshots of her sister’s face that she has found hilarious and loved looking at to cheer up
Source – IMDb
Eliza Scanlen Facts
- She has recalled that when she was 7 years old her mother had taken her and her sister to a play, when she had become mesmerized and fascinated about life onstage. When she got a little older, she would put on her own plays and force her friends to perform.
- Eliza started learning to play the piano when she was about 7 years old, but discontinued doing so when she was 13 years old having lost interest in doing the exams or learning her scales. However, in preparation for her part as Beth March in the movie adaptation of Little Women, she began practicing the piano again.
- Eliza was raised in New South Wales where she continued to live for many years, but she never had any problems learning American accents for movies, as a result of watching many American films.
- Scanlen has disclosed that she has always prepared thoroughly for the roles she has played. After she got cast for the TV show Sharp Objects that was based on Gillian Flynn’s 2006 debut novel of the same name, she started reading the book. She ended up going through it so many times to prepare for her part as Amma Crellin, that it got drowned in sticky notes, highlighter and pen, and she later referred to it as “her diary”.
- She has been a vegan.
- Scanlen has loved how in acting, all of the rigid social and moral codes of society may be forgotten, and the role only can be focused on and explored.
Featured Image by Eliza Scanlen Updates / Instagram