|Ellen Barkin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 16, 1954|
Ellen Barkin is an American actress, producer, and voiceover artist who is known for having been cast in projects like Johnny Handsome, Switch, Desert Bloom, The Big Easy, Before Women Had Wings, Animal Kingdom, Tender Mercies, The New Normal, Ocean’s Thirteen, Happyish, Another Happy Day, Sea of Love, The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, Crime and Punishment in Suburbia, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Into the West, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Brooklyn’s Finest, and This Boy’s Life. For her performance in Before Women Had Wings, she received a Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie” and a Satellite Award for “Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film”.
Ellen Rona Barkin
The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
She studied at Parsons Junior High School and received her high school diploma at Manhattan’s High School of Performing Arts. Then, she got enrolled at Hunter College and double majored in history and drama.
She has also trained at New York City’s Actors Studio.
Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Sol Barkin (Chemical Salesman)
- Mother – Evelyn (née Rozin) (Hospital administrator who worked at Jamaica Hospital)
- Sibling – George Barkin (Brother) (Formerly the editor-in-chief of National Lampoon and High Times)
- Others – Edward Barkin (Paternal Grandfather), Lena Quat (Paternal Grandmother), Isador/Isadore Rozin/Verchalinski (Maternal Grandfather), Ida Sandler Verchilinsky (Maternal Grandmother)
Barkin has been signed with –
- Slate PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ellen Barkin has dated –
- Matt Dillon – She has been romantically involved with actor and director Matt Dillon in the past.
- Robert Duvall (1981-1982) – In November 1981, she started going out with actor and filmmaker Robert Duvall but the duo separated the following year in January.
- Gabriel Byrne (1986-1999) – It was in August 1986 that she started dating Gabriel Byrne, an Irish actor, film director, film producer, and screenwriter. They married in 1988 and parent 2 children – son Jack Daniel Byrne (b. 1989) and daughter Romy Marion Byrne (b. November 18, 1992). However, the couple eventually separated in 1993 and divorced in 1999.
- Johnny Depp (1994) – She had a fling with actor Johnny Depp in January 1994.
- David Arquette (1994-1995) – Between October 1994 and March 1995, she was romantically involved with David Arquette.
- Ronald O. Perelman (1999-2006) – Her relationship with multi-billionaire and businessman Ronald O. Perelman began in March 1999 and they got married the following year. The marriage ended in divorce in 2006. She sued Perelman in 2007 for $3.4 million in investment funds he allegedly promised to invest in their film production company and he was ordered to pay her $4.3 million.
- Ralph Fiennes (2006) – British actor and filmmaker Ralph Fiennes went out with Ellen Barkin in 2006.
- Sam Levinson (2010-2011) – She dated actor Sam Levinson from 2010 to 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
Chiseled facial features
Ellen Barkin Favorite Things
Source – IMDb
Ellen Barkin Facts
- She is from a family of Jewish emigrants from Siberia and the Belarusian-Polish border.
- She starred as Glory Marie Jackson in the 1997 drama television film, Before Women Had Wings.
- Ellen Barkin made her TV show debut as a voice artist by providing vocals to Lenore in an episode of King of the Hill in 2001.
- She has been friends with Julianne Moore and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- As a producer, she has worked on films like Letters to Juliet, Shit Year, and Another Happy Day.
- From 2016 to 2019, Ellen Barkin appeared as Janine “Smurf” Cody, the tough matriarch of the family and J’s estranged grandmother, in the television drama show, Animal Kingdom.
Featured Image by Rosetta Argento / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0